Transfer all Txt Messages from S8+ with NO LCD DISPLAY ?

putitondvd

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
My S8+ has a cracked screen and NO DISPLAY, so i cant interact with the phone
to hit popups like allow or proceed etc etc when using several phone to phone data backup solutions.

I just came back from phone shop with a new S9+

I am using the same sim card in the S9+, but to my surprise I have no record of TXT messages

Samsung Kies says that my S8+ is locked and wants me to tap on screen, which I cant see lol

I can see inside my S8+ on my pc via usb. Is there one folder that contains all the txt message data that I can drag to the new phone.

help please

cheers
Scott

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Texts are in a system database file, so a) you can't get to it and b) you wouldn't understand it if you could. Since you can't use Kies or Smart Switch, bring them both to the shop and ask if they have any way of transferring the texts from the old phone to the new one. (There are many ways - pop a spare screen onto the old one temporarily and use Smart Switch, there are some "transfer machines" that just connect to the two phones and do the transfer, etc. See if they can do one of them for you. If they have a Samsung rep in the store [Best Buy in the US, Cellphone Warehouse in the UK] they might be able to.)

SL2

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Connect the phone to a monitor or TV using a USB C to HDMI adapter.

If the touch panel doesn't work you'll also need a keyboard and mouse. There are USB C hubs available with both HDMI and multiple USB A ports. Maybe you can borrow one from someone who uses it with a MacBook (quite common as those laptops have the same amount of connectors as your phone.. :D), they look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Char...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6263586

There are loads of variants, just search for "usb c hdmi hub".

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
My S8+ has a cracked screen and NO DISPLAY, so i cant interact with the phone
to hit popups like allow or proceed etc etc when using several phone to phone data backup solutions.

I just came back from phone shop with a new S9+

I am using the same sim card in the S9+, but to my surprise I have no record of TXT messages

Samsung Kies says that my S8+ is locked and wants me to tap on screen, which I cant see lol

I can see inside my S8+ on my pc via usb. Is there one folder that contains all the txt message data that I can drag to the new phone.

help please

cheers
Scott

Is this a carrier version?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi