Transfer data, contacts, photos, messages, music from iPhone to S4

amanisofia

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded from the iphone to the Galaxy S4.

The worst part is getting use to a new operating system. For all of those iphone users pulling our hair out for transferring here is the easiest way to transfer the info from your iphone to your galaxy.

First download and install the kie from the samsung website.
SAMSUNG KIES

This is basically like the itunes interface you would use to sync your iphone to the computer.

Next plug in your old iphone to the computer and open itunes. Create a new back up of your device.

Finally plug in you new galaxy into your computer and the samsung kies program should open. It should automatically detect the iphone backup files on your computer and ask if you want to transfer them to your phone. Select the backup file that corresponds to your iphone you want to transfer, we have four iphones/ipods in the house. Then select which things you want to transfer and go. Then you should be set. You can transfer music (not drm protected), photos, messages, videos, and podcasts.

I don't know why this information is not more readily available since so many people will be switching from the iphone to the galaxy.

While this phone is nicer then the iphone I am still having trouble getting use to the operating system. Also who thought of putting the speaker on the back, that makes zero sense? The no autocorrect is going to be a deal breaker for many who text a lot. Yes I know you can pay to download another keyboard but you shouldn't have to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reuben Chew

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Transfer data, contacts, photos, messages, music from iphone to S4

Hi, I am having a weird problem with Kies.

On the first time I run it I have the option to transfer data from a non-Samsung device. However, this option just disappeared after I restarted Kies and I don't seem to be able to find a way to get it back! Tried reinstalling Kies and resetting my phone but nada.

Megamontona

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

im having the same issue it shows up if i plug my wife note 2 to transfer fron a non device but not the s4 i also notice the message the kies says firmware to new
Hi, I am having a weird problem with Kies.

On the first time I run it I have the option to transfer data from a non-Samsung device. However, this option just disappeared after I restarted Kies and I don't seem to be able to find a way to get it back! Tried reinstalling Kies and resetting my phone but nada.

Megamontona

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

wow u just saved me a headache thanks
Ok, after digging through the Samsung website, Galaxy S4 users should use this instead: Smartphone Content Transfer Made Easy | Samsung Smart Switch

- - - Updated - - -

wow u just saved me a headache thanks
Ok, after digging through the Samsung website, Galaxy S4 users should use this instead: Smartphone Content Transfer Made Easy | Samsung Smart Switch

amanisofia

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

In the kies program if it does not automatically ask you to restore from an old back up just click on your device and then scroll to the bottom of the window. There is a tab that says restore. Click that and then find our iphone profile. See below about not transferring your messages.

The device should come with a special insert for all those people that will switch from the iphone, because they are not going to be happy in the begining.

Kies worked for me with on caveat.
Do not transfer your old messages as it will crash your message program.
I did this at first and it actually transfers every message you have ever sent and received. This means tend of thousands of messages. It will crash your message program and you will not be able to manually delete them from the phone.
If you did this like I did there is a work around. Back up your galaxy s4 using the kies program, but exclude messages.
Then reset your galaxy to factory settings.
Then restore you galaxy using the backup you made excluding messages.

Almost have the phone set up the way I like it.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Hi.. I am using imac at home.. looking at the link, smart switch is only for PCs. Am I right?

Yes I believe it is because I also have an iMac and the site said it wasn't available yet for us.

And it kept crashing on my PC :confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

wasabi8888

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yes I believe it is because I also have an iMac and the site said it wasn't available yet for us.

And it kept crashing on my PC :confused:

Any other solutions then? I have an iphone and an imac. Purchased the S4 recently. I need to synchronize the contacts from my iphone/iMac (both contacts are the same as they have been synchronized) to the S4. Is Kies the answer?

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Any other solutions then? I have an iphone and an imac. Purchased the S4 recently. I need to synchronize the contacts from my iphone/iMac (both contacts are the same as they have been synchronized) to the S4. Is Kies the answer?

This is what I used

http://jaanus.com/post/28154592855/how-to-import-your-icloud-contacts-to-google-android

wasabi8888

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Try EASY PHONE SYNC

Thanks for the suggestion.. I have not gotten my S4 yet so i cant try.
Assuming iphone contacts can be transferred via easy phone sync, that would be great. However, moving forward, since i keep my contacts in the address book in imac, how do i reconcile this address book and the S4 address book...

TIA

Jeffrey

xioser

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestion.. I have not gotten my S4 yet so i cant try.
Assuming iphone contacts can be transferred via easy phone sync, that would be great. However, moving forward, since i keep my contacts in the address book in imac, how do i reconcile this address book and the S4 address book...

TIA

Jeffrey
I dont have my S4 yet either, but i helped someone a few weeks back, they were on an iphone 4 and using a macbook, worked like a charm, contacts, pictures and messages, not 100% about the videos- cant remember. I dont think it links to your pc in anyway, it uses the "backup" of your iphone from itunes. Thats the only problem we had, as i dont think the phone had ever been backed up, only ever synced, so id suggest to make a backup, took us around 30mins i think. But as long as you have a recent backup, should be pretty straight forward and very quick. Also ive read that Easy Phone Sync is actually made by samsung too, so its literally made to sync from ios to android.

I have heard about another bit of software, where you can still use your itunes to manage all your music, but it will automatically update to your samsung, not sure what thats called though.

Reuben Chew

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

iSyncr does two-way iTunes syncs for music and videos.

Anyway, an easier way to sync contacts without any software is to back up all your contacts to iCloud. Then, go to icloud.com, go to Contacts, select all your contacts and export them (its under the Settings icon on the bottom left). Then, upload the subsequent vcf file to your phone and run it on your phone. It should import all of them correctly!

xioser

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

Or apparently, unsync contacts from icloud and sync them to your gmail if you have one. Then once you configure your S4 and sign in with gmail it should downlaoad your contacts, but we couldnt figure out how to do step 1 so decided to use the software instead.

jrzymuscle26

May 27, 2013
Visit site

okay - hate to bring this month old thread back up - but my wife and I just bought the new galaxy s4's and traded in our iphones (big switch!) but we are so frustrated because we backed up our iphones on our itunes (on our macbooks) and now we can not find a way to get back our calendar/notes/etc from the itunes back!! Tried using "Easy Phone Sync" and the app on my galaxy is stuck updating messages. Not sure how to get Kies to bring over my itunes, I don't see any options for this. Love the phone but we are so frustrated with this transition (And I want to keep this phone, not go back for an iphone 5 because we lost everything and cant get anything to work).
Help! ?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays