Solved Transfer SMS MMS from iPhone 13 to Pixel 7

PJB74

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi there,

My mum had an iPhone 13 which she found impossible to get on with and has gone back to trusted android with the pixel 7. On setting it up I ran into a problem, where I couldn't transfer her text messages across to the pixel. I've looked for hours trying to find a solution. She has loads of important messages on the iPhone that need transferring and I can't find any way of doing it. Please can somebody help me?

Many thanks.

Last edited:

PJB74

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
How did you do the transfer with cable between devices?
Hi Mustang. Yeah I did it via cable and used the adaptor. SMS didn't come up as an option. Only contacts, photos and calendar. I already uploaded her images onto Google photos on the iPhone so only contacts were needed. I've now installed her apps and set her up apart from the SMS and preferably don't want to restore and start again. The issue is probably something at apple's end but I know nothing about their phones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Mustang. Yeah I did it via cable and used the adaptor. SMS didn't come up as an option. Only contacts, photos and calendar. I already uploaded her images onto Google photos on the iPhone so only contacts were needed. I've now installed her apps and set her up apart from the SMS and preferably don't want to restore and start again. The issue is probably something at apple's end but I know nothing about their phones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
It's been long time since trying transfer messages to Android I would suggest starting the process over but see u don't want to do that maybe something was missed at startup.
Try SMS restore in play store and see if iPhone has in Apple store or download on the pixel Samsung smart switch and with cable between the device see if SMS between the 2 show up

Reactions: PJB74

PJB74

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
It's been long time since trying transfer messages to Android I would suggest starting the process over but see u don't want to do that maybe something was missed at startup.
Try SMS restore in play store and see if iPhone has in Apple store or download on the pixel Samsung smart switch and with cable between the device see if SMS between the 2 show up
Ok. I'll try the smart switch when I see her tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your help

Reactions: mustang7757