Transitioning from iOS to Android

clg82

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Please be gentle if this is the wrong forums to post this question haha. Need your help everyone. I've tried and tried and tried from the Note way back when to the Fold 4, and now back to iPhone again, it's difficult for me to adjust to everything Android and Samsung. The hardware is beautiful and I love using it, it's just the OS that i'm having a hard time adjusting too. Some pictures other iPhone users get are pixilated, and any smart watch that Samsung has to offer doesn't compare to Apple Watch Ultra. I WANT to love the samsung hardware, it's just that everything with Apple is so seamless. Help me change my mind, seriously what are you guys using to aleviate the iOS vs Android and it's associated hardware woes in between the adjustment period?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The reason why iPhone users receive pixelated pics via text messaging is that iPhones use MMS as a fallback if the sender isn't on iMessage. MMS messages have a filesize limit of around 1 MB, depending on your carrier, so any photo (and video) that you send may end up getting compressed, sometimes severely. This would not be an issue if Apple agreed to support RCS rather than the ancient MMS, but this spat between Google and Apple has been well-documented, and hell will most likely freeze over before Apple agrees to do that (when asked about this, Tim Cook infamously said "Buy your mom an iPhone" as his solution).

Other messaging platforms are better about sending photos and videos, like Telegram, WhatsApp, and even Google Chat.

There's no doubt that the Apple Watch is an excellent smartwatch. I just can't get over its styling -- to me, it's a plain rectangular lozenge. I much prefer classic round watches (I have a Fossil gen 6 and a Citizen CZ gen 2, and I gave my Pixel Watch to my wife). And of course, like most if not all Apple products, Apple Watches are locked to the iOS ecosystem.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
There's no doubt that the Apple Watch is an excellent smartwatch. I just can't get over its styling -- to me, it's a plain rectangular lozenge. I much prefer classic round watches (I have a Fossil gen 6 and a Citizen CZ gen 2, and I gave my Pixel Watch to my wife). And of course, like most if not all Apple products, Apple Watches are locked to the iOS ecosystem.

I used to say the same thing on watches, I prefer the round as that's what I used my whole life. After using the apple ultra watch I've changed my stance. Reading messages and replying is so much better on the square screen. The ultra watch is the main reason I'm still using the iPhone.

If you refer to the apple series version of the watch I would have been right back to the Samsung. The series watch looks and feels like a cheap toy watch you would buy from Walmart.

Reactions: B. Diddy

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Please be gentle if this is the wrong forums to post this question haha. Need your help everyone. I've tried and tried and tried from the Note way back when to the Fold 4, and now back to iPhone again, it's difficult for me to adjust to everything Android and Samsung. The hardware is beautiful and I love using it, it's just the OS that i'm having a hard time adjusting too. Some pictures other iPhone users get are pixilated, and any smart watch that Samsung has to offer doesn't compare to Apple Watch Ultra. I WANT to love the samsung hardware, it's just that everything with Apple is so seamless. Help me change my mind, seriously what are you guys using to aleviate the iOS vs Android and it's associated hardware woes in between the adjustment period?
If you use Google messages you can send pictures and videos in Good quality to other Android phones like you would on iPhone to other iPhone users. The only issue with that on Android is the other Android user has to be using Google messages also. With the iPhone all iPhone users have the same messaging app so they will automatically be using same messaging app eliminating that issue unless the iPhone user turned iMessage off on their settings. Google needs to start making Google messaging a base for all texting apps so RCS would be across all Android phones irregardless of what texting app someone uses, of course the simple fix is just allow Google messages only on all Android phones, but Android is about choices as we all know apple is not about choices at all.

Now try doing this in the future to send pictures and videos.

Step 1. select the share button

Step 2. Select share link using app

Step 3. select the app you want to use to share. You can use your text app to do this or any app

That will send a link to the user you want in original condition and you can send videos. The person will get a link and they can click that see the picture/video and they can download it if they want to. If you're using Google messages and the person you're texting shows up in blue you can send them videos and original pictures right thru the app.

Samsung created this so you could send videos to anyone. I will give Samsung thumbs up on this. With apple there is no such thing for non iPhone users. This makes it so you can send it to anyone via text and both users don't have to have the same app.
91680a41a661ba353fa8802b424593e2.jpg

Reactions: kevinpleasants

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej