Two of my favorite features are gone!

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
First of all I have only had my new Verizon S7 for a bit over 24 hours but so far I love it!

I am coming from an S5 and noticed that two of my favorite features have been removed.
1. Air View
2. Delay Send (Messages)

I used the Air View all the time with my calendar and text messages. Primarily I loved it with my test messages so I could see the message without actually going in and reading it. It would still be unread and it would serve as a reminder for me that I needed to follow up on something.

Delay send was also a great feature since I was able to delay the message from being sent for even 10 seconds. This helped me to "recall" the message in case I sent it to the wrong person or needed to edit it.

Were these features still on the S6 and does anyone know why they'd want to do away with them?

I have since installed Textra and am giving that a shot as it has a delay send feature.

Ryan Tomkins1

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I don't recall them being on the S6 but I could be wrong and perhaps I'm just not using the features. I have an S6 and waiting for my Verizon S7 to arrive today.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Air View was in my System Settings menu and the Delay was in the stock Messages menu. Any chance you want to look and see if they are there? No big deal as there is nothing I can do about it. I am just curious.

T.I.A.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung seems to be adding new features and Taking away some old ones with every iteration

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
They're cleaning it up, taking features out that weren't very useful or confusing to non tech people, I don't blame them for doing so.

Posted via the Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So I'll no longer be able to just hover my finger over any given calendar date to see it's contents? :eek: Oh, that's NOT good! I need to be able to hover rather than open a date each time I need to check on job for my husband. Darn!
Also, I use the Verizon message app and use the Scheduled Messages feature often. Is that still there?
Screenshot_2016-03-09-18-46-05.jpg

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Why is that feature so important all you have to do is touch on the day and bam the information pops up no big thing . Samsung is trying to clean up there UI cause you guys complained about the bloat all the time

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Why is that feature so important all you have to do is touch on the day and bam the information pops up no big thing . Samsung is trying to clean up there UI cause you guys complained about the bloat all the time

Phillip, I just liked it and used it. Yes, if I'd never had it, I wouldn't miss it but it's a feature I use on my S5 as well as my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 tab.
It IS a bit more work to tap to open the date and tap to close it. If we're quickly glancing at the entire schedule or one date, it's a handy feature to just hover over the date and have it display the contents and then glide over to the next date. I'm surprised and disappointed they removed it.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I've always thought bloatware referred to all the apps that come on all the phones that cannot be deleted. Not features of stock apps. I used airview all the time primarily for my messages which had real functionality and very disappointed that it's gone. As far as schedule messages go I now use Textra as opposed to the stock messaging app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord