Unable to adjust notifications / volume in 4.4.2

Macpherson1

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lenovo A-5500F tablet that runs Android 4.4.2. I want to adjust the notifications / volume but when I look in Settings there does not appear to be an option to do this. The nearest is "Audio Profiles" but this doesn't take me any further. I thought that I was able to do this successfully some time back but now it looks to be "hidden". What can I do?

====

Very embarrassing: I can't see a button how to respond to the answer that has just come in reply to my question! Hope this works instead until someone can clue me up

If I go into Settings there is no "volume" or "notifications" tab visible - just "Audio Profiles" which does not help. That is the problem!!!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you press the volume button and see the volume slider, is there a settings button there that brings up all of the other volume sliders?

Macpherson1

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I have now discovered that it is possible to get one other blue slider to appear below the default one, with an exclamation mark icon at one side. May be this is the volume control for notifications and the upper one with what looks like a speaker symbol could be for some other volume related app(s).

Macpherson1

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
You will have to make allowance for my ignorance but I don't know how to do a screenshot of what shows (only momentarily) on my tablet screen. I would have to try to take a picture using a different mobile and this would be difficult. May be there is a better way?

I believe I got here via my PC (W7 Chrome) browser though I had some problems trying to log in and don't know if I succeeded in the end.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To take a screenshot, press and hold Power and Vol Down at the same time for about a half second. It can be tricky -- you have to make sure you're pressing them at the same time.

On the forum website, click the gear icon at the upper right (next to Today's Posts and your inbox icon), then General Settings, then look at Default Subscription Mode.

Macpherson1

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I think my #6 thoughts provided the solution - saves me 3-handedly taking a acreenshot of the volume control.
I have amended the notification setting as you suggested
On the other hand it is a mystery how to log in to these forums in order to contribute. There is no obvious log in button and frequently I am "locked out", and when I am not then I cannot figure out why! What is the proper routine and procedure? I am using a Windows 7 PC usually Chrome occasionally my android tablet / mobile.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, glad you figured it out!

On the desktop forum site, you can always click the 3-line menu button at the upper left to see if you're logged in. If you see "Hi Macpherson1," then you're logged in, but if you see a Log In option, then make sure you click that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the bar at the top of the screen, click on Your Menu to get more options. You can then click Participated to see all of the recent threads that you've either started or replied to, or My Threads to see the ones you started.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87