[Unconfirmed] Sprint JB update this Thursday

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Fastboot will not wipe any data or internal storage card? I have data I would like to not have to redo. I know I can back it up to PC, but then some will require me re-entering.

fastboot the kernel, radios, system, recovery (if you want stock recovery) and teh bootloader and you should be fine. dont wipe data or fastboot userdata

Reactions: kbboykin

kashanova

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I tried to fastboot the img but i got an Fastboot status - failed bootloader locked

Thought I didn't have to be unlocked to flash this over

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
why are people still waiting for this update? i posted the images on xda you dont need to be unlocked to fastboot them, you dont need to be rooted or have cwm...

edit: i was even nice enough to repost my return to stock guide here ;P

fh05 is jellybean

What about us ns4g owners

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
ok well good to know that you cant do it locked :/

the nexus s 4g has binaries you guys can build a jellybean rom from source and have it work perfectly, the toroplus has to rely on updates to get the binaries

kashanova

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
ok well good to know that you cant do it locked :/

the nexus s 4g has binaries you guys can build a jellybean rom from source and have it work perfectly, the toroplus has to rely on updates to get the binaries

I just unlocked and relocked afterwards screw it lol. Thanks for the img. I do however have one concern my recovery mode brings up a android with a red triangle and exclamation point. I did flash the recovery. any ideas what it could be

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Pulled the battery and cleared framework services the check and voila jellybean

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I just unlocked and relocked afterwards screw it lol. Thanks for the img. I do however have one concern my recovery mode brings up a android with a red triangle and exclamation point. I did flash the recovery. any ideas what it could be

I had that too, I just flashed CWM recovery to get around it haha. While I be able to take future OTAs with a custom recovery? :confused:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I had that too, I just flashed CWM recovery to get around it haha. While I be able to take future OTAs with a custom recovery? :confused:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Really there was no need to flash the custom recovery. Only "boot" into the custom recovery to use the update zip. Doing so this way doesn't overwrite your stock recovery.

You may need to go and flash the stock recovery.img via FASTBOOT command from the link below to restore your stock recovery. First I would reboot your device into your bootloader and then try and go into recovery and see what happens. As far as I know the stock OS update should "overwrite" your custom recovery but that may not apply here to this device.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-nexus/206954-guide-return-stock.html#post2140080

Choose under the first listing "FH05", the RECOVERY file.

Boot into your bootloader, connect via USB and using FASTBOOT do the following.
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Only take a few seconds to complete, when done type...

Code:
fastboot reboot-bootloader

You can then check to see if the stock recovery took. From there just reboot the device when your done or type the following

Code:
fastboot reboot

kashanova

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Really there was no need to flash the custom recovery. Only "boot" into the custom recovery to use the update zip. Doing so this way doesn't overwrite your stock recovery.

You may need to go and flash the stock recovery.img via FASTBOOT command from the link below to restore your stock recovery. First I would reboot your device into your bootloader and then try and go into recovery and see what happens. As far as I know the stock OS update should "overwrite" your custom recovery but that may not apply here to this device.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-nexus/206954-guide-return-stock.html#post2140080

Choose under the first listing "FH05", the RECOVERY file.

Boot into your bootloader, connect via USB and using FASTBOOT do the following.
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Only take a few seconds to complete, when done type...

Code:
fastboot reboot-bootloader

You can then check to see if the stock recovery took. From there just reboot the device when your done or type the following

Code:
fastboot reboot

I've done this with no luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777