Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps

you will need to go through the proccess of unlocking again

Elite1085

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Right on thanks guys...Im at work right now so was unable to get to these files :adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll fastboot.exe to try again. Ill let you know if I come across any more issues.

Elite1085

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the help guys...Finally got CleanRom but having issues flashing kernal to get wifi , 4g and wireless teather to work. Ill post my issues in the cleanrom thread.

trefilov22

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone had issues with the WiFi portion? I can get my device to see the hotspot, and when i attempt to connect, on the phone it shows one user connected, but on my device all i ever get is attempting to connect.. This happens whether the phone hotspot is protected, or wide open. Any advice is appreciated.

BTW... I did this to my Evo 3d HBOOT 1.5 and had zero issues, minus the WiFi portion! Appreciate you posting all this information, thanks again!

Ok I Found this information in regards to the WiFi issue I was having, and downloaded the newest beta, and that seemed to resolve the issue...

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

Last edited:

mnuky1

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

hey man maybe i can get some help from you.Am trying to root my E3D but everytime i type my commands my computer keep saying"the system can not find the specified path".Any help?

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

search some of the past threads... you may have not installed the drivers for the phone onto your PC? You may not have the phone settings correct... or you may need to modify the command in the DOS window (depending on where you are getting this error) You can try typing C:\cd\rootevo3dnew if THAT is the part you are having troubles.

mnuky1

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

yeah it was that i didn't copy the folder to the c:drive of my PC,but now my problem is it keep saying waiting for device and nothing happens after that.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Make sure you have the proper drivers installed on your pc

ttibbals

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

I just have a quick question. Is this the method that watermarks the hboot showing it has been rooted? Thanks.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Yes, the htc unlock method will show that you have unlocked the bootloader. Unless you are HBOOT 1.40 you have no choice.

Smallbford

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Hi, dumb ? but on step 6 you type the following \cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew in on command prompt you do hit enter before going to step 7 right ? Or do you type \cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew and add fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img and hit enter with them both typed in at the same time ? If I type in \cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew for step 6 and hit enter it lists the system cannot find the specified path. Can anyone help ? I"am really unhappy with htc with this 1.5 hboot S-ON crap. I never had any problem changing roms on my evo 4g with S-OFF htc is really pissing a lot of their customers off and losing them on future purchases.

Smallbford

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

I cant wait for the real release of the ics stock rom for the evo 3d so they can get started on permanent root for it because I think everyone has given up on cracking hboot 1.5 thinking htc will have a new 1.6 added to the ics stock release. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel I guess.

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I unlocked my bootloader. I installed the cent shooter.ING and flashed a ROM. Yet when I boot into recovery it isn't saved. I have to use the and method everytime to boot the shooter image. Is there a way around this??

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi, dumb ? but on step 6 you type the following \cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew in on command prompt you do hit enter before going to step 7 right ? Or do you type \cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew and add fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img and hit enter with them both typed in at the same time ? If I type in \cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew for step 6 and hit enter it lists the system cannot find the specified path. Can anyone help ? I"am really unhappy with htc with this 1.5 hboot S-ON crap. I never had any problem changing roms on my evo 4g with S-OFF htc is really pissing a lot of their customers off and losing them on future purchases.

type cd C:\rootevo3sneer hit enter. Then fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img and hit enter. It should boot into recovery.

Smallbford

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Ok, if I type cd C:\rootevo3sneer in and hit enter it shows the system cannot find the path specified, and if it was only supposed to be C:\rootevo3sneer I tried that also and it comes up is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file ? I guess I need android for dummies lol.:confused:

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, if I type cd C:\rootevo3sneer in and hit enter it shows the system cannot find the path specified, and if it was only supposed to be C:\rootevo3sneer I tried that also and it comes up is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file ? I guess I need android for dummies lol.:confused:

I'm so sorry. It is the t9, LOL. I appologize. Open up command prompt. Type without quotes "cd C:\rootevo3dnew" hit enter. Now type "fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img" hit enter. It should now boot into recovery.

Reactions: eldub1

Smallbford

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

When I enter cd C:\rootevo3dnew and hit enter it still comes up the system cannot find the path specified ? Should the computer show that a connection was made when I plug the phone in ? When I plug the phone in the phone goes to fastboot usb but the computer has nothing pop up, shouldnt my computer show a pop up that the phone was just connected ? I"am running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn