Unlocked Galaxy Z Flip 3

rutt88

Aug 15, 2021
Visit site
Hi folks, my unlocked Galaxy Z Flip 3 is due to arrive any day now, and I'm not sure how the process goes with unlocked phones, as this will be my first one. I currently have a S10 with Xfinity Mobile, and I need to trade that in for the Z Flip. Will Samsung include directions on how to send back the S10, a label, packaging, etc.? And it's just the phone I'll need to send back, right? Not the ear buds and charger that originally came with it?

Also, when I get the phone, will I need to go to the Xfinity Mobile store to have the new phone unlocked and set up (assuming they will allow for this phone to come over to their service), or is this something I can just do all online myself? If I have to go to the Xfinity store, will I need to have turned on the phone and start the process a little first, and then they would take over?

Thanks, just want to make sure I have an idea of what will happen since this is so new to me.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You will receive an email with label and instructions for returning.

You should be able to use your existing SIM in your new device.
Use Samsung Smartswitch to copy anything you want from your old device to your new one.

rutt88

Aug 15, 2021
Visit site
You will receive an email with label and instructions for returning.

You should be able to use your existing SIM in your new device.
Use Samsung Smartswitch to copy anything you want from your old device to your new one.

So you think I can do all of this without having to go to the store, or probably not?

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks, my unlocked Galaxy Z Flip 3 is due to arrive any day now, and I'm not sure how the process goes with unlocked phones, as this will be my first one. I currently have a S10 with Xfinity Mobile, and I need to trade that in for the Z Flip. Will Samsung include directions on how to send back the S10, a label, packaging, etc.? And it's just the phone I'll need to send back, right? Not the ear buds and charger that originally came with it?

Also, when I get the phone, will I need to go to the Xfinity Mobile store to have the new phone unlocked and set up (assuming they will allow for this phone to come over to their service), or is this something I can just do all online myself? If I have to go to the Xfinity store, will I need to have turned on the phone and start the process a little first, and then they would take over?

Thanks, just want to make sure I have an idea of what will happen since this is so new to me.

Congrats on your new Flip! I have done the trade-in several times. You should receive an email 1-2 days after the Flip arrives. Sometimes there is an attachment to that email with the shipping label for return, but lately they have been adding a button on your Order page to print the shipping label.

You provide your own shipping canton, so best to keep and reuse the carton and padding in which your Flip arrives. And Samsung only wants the trade-in phone; no cables, chargers, earbuds, or cases. You do have to make sure it turns on and has been factory data reset.

I have an unlocked Flip3. Unlocked means exactly that -- already unlocked. No need to go to the store. Just remove the SIM from your old phone and switch it into the Flip. Use Samsung Smartswitch to move data and settings from the old phone to the Flip.

If your data plan includes 5G and you normally get 5G on your current phone, you should be OK in the Flip. In some cases, though, you might have to get a new SIM from the carrier if the Flip soes not come up on 5G. That is what I am having to do on AT&T, for some reason.

Enjoy the Flip!

rutt88

Aug 15, 2021
Visit site
Thanks so much for the help! My data doesn't include 5G, and it's not really even readily available in my area, so not too concerned about that just yet. Maybe in a year or two lol.

rutt88

Aug 15, 2021
Visit site
Thanks so much for the help! My data doesn't include 5G, and it's not really even readily available in my area, so not too concerned about that just yet. Maybe in a year or two lol.

Ok maybe I take that back about 5G, looks like it is readily available, I may have to look into it after all.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Something to add. I have seen complaints where trade ins have been refused if the phone has factory reset protection still turned on. So BEFORE you factory reset remove your Google account and your Samsung account from the phone in settings accounts. Then reset the phone.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
If any doubts just see after the reset if you can get into phone without issue and you don’t need to sign in you can skip through set up screens …that will most definitely set your mind free that phone is ready for trade in or next person …you can then reset again if you want to leave it back at first boot up screen ..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23