Unresponsive power button

nat72sherman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Slowly but surely my power button is getting worse. What are people doing about this? As far as wake, my volume button can do that. But like today I had to get into bootloader from an off screen and it took me awhile playing around with it.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. If I can get by for another month, I'm going to see if they will let me do an early upgrade to get the full 2 year discount on the Vigor. Otherwise I guess it's just a warranty replacement, refurb city.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That was an issue on the incredible too. I never had the problem though and so far not on my bolt either.

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone since mid April and i have no issues with mine. Maybe try using a case if you don't have one. Or you could call verizon for a warranty replacement if it's that bad.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Take it back.

Um... "taking it back" is not an option for most users having this problem. You have to be within your first 14 days after purchase to get a refund.

To the OP: When you take off the battery cover, can you get a small strip of paper in between the phone chassis and the power button? If so, you'll likely have to call Tech Support for a warranty replacement. If not, you could try cleaning around the power button.

nat72sherman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response all.

FYI, I called them for a warranty replacement. They made me go through a troubleshoot process. It was few little things, but the thing that kinda did it was going into internet, then clearing cache. The instant I did that the power button worked on the first try.

Anyway, after getting off with the tech rep, I fussed with it a few more times but was still unhappy with the responsiveness, so I called back and now getting a replacement. But now, which is the day after, the power button is working superbly. If anybody experiencing this problem, try opening the browser, then setting, then clearing cache.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response all.

FYI, I called them for a warranty replacement. They made me go through a troubleshoot process. It was few little things, but the thing that kinda did it was going into internet, then clearing cache. The instant I did that the power button worked on the first try.

Anyway, after getting off with the tech rep, I fussed with it a few more times but was still unhappy with the responsiveness, so I called back and now getting a replacement. But now, which is the day after, the power button is working superbly. If anybody experiencing this problem, try opening the browser, then setting, then clearing cache.

We need to remember that these devices are mini computers. So that's good advice and its always good to clear the cache. If you are satisfied with how your device is working, you can refuse the replacement when it is delivered to you. Just tell Fed EX you are refusing the package and it will go back.
If you are still nervous, then take the replacement. Many times they are actually better than the original device in hand.