Unroot and relock my nexus

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Download TORO factory images.
Place the system in the root of the cwm.zip folder in the link I gave.
Flash everything aside from recovery.

The recovery should auto-flash upon booting up and erase CWM.

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
1. Hmm... it's kinda hard to move stuff into a zip throught astro... can I just flash each item one at a time?

2. When you say flash... do you mean in Mbile Odin or in CWM?

3. Also, are you sure I'm safe using the cwm.zip you sent me... because it's in a GSM thread.

Last edited:

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Hmm... it's kinda hard to move stuff into a zip throught astro... can I just flash each item one at a time?

2. When you say flash... do you mean in Mbile Odin or in CWM?

3. Also, are you sure I'm safe using the cwm.zip you sent me... because it's in a GSM thread.

Well you only want to use a toro cwm... but I think that.zip you're referring to is designed to install whichever gnex system you're restoring... so as long you put in the system.IMG from the factory image for our phones then you should be okay...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Btw jubakuba will egamer be able to flash stock this way with bootloader locked? If you flash back to stock unrooted with an unlocked bootloader then there's no way to relock without USB because you don't have root
http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/for...how-return-stock-using-odin-vzw-lte-only.html

Flashing with cwm is easier than Odin if you have the option
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think you should be able to use files from this thread in mobile odin but you should lock boot loader first cause I don't know if mobile Odin will

Last edited:

mhpspeed

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Returning to Stock Without USB Access
(This guide assume you are rooted and need to return to stock.)

CDMA users: Mobile Odin won't flash CDMA radios. Verizon users using an unofficial radio can flash the most recent official radios from here.

An Automated Bootloader Unlock/Relock Application can be found HERE.
Re-lock your bootloader with that application and continue below to the ODIN portion of this guide.

If you prefer to do this process manually:

Install Terminal Emulator.
Download THIS file and use a file explorer to put it on the root of your SD card (not in a folder).

Open up Terminal Emulator and run these commands:
Code:
su
(Hit Enter)
Allow Root Access.
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/param.lock of=dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/param
(Hit Enter)
This should lock your bootloader.

SPRINT Odin Files
VERIZON and GSM Odin Files

Download the appropriate ODIN.tar files on your phone (PDA files only for CDMA users).
DO NOT use odin files designed for another device.
Download and install Mobile Odin.
Use Mobile Odin to open the .tar file you just downloaded and return to stock.

Congratulations!
You should be back to stock and with a locked bootloader!
*NOTE*
I have not personally tested this method. I've dotted my i's and crossed my t's as far as I know.
However, if this didn't work for you: Feel free to PM me as I have another more-complex method that I have up my sleeve.

A few users have reported this working!

If you're currently freaking out thinking you're even MORE stuck with a locked bootloader and your rooted system:
Download THIS file and put it on the root of your SD card.
Run these commands into Terminal Emulator:
Code:
su
(Hit Enter)
Allow Root Access.
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/param.unlock of=dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/param
(Hit Enter)
This will unlock your bootloader again.

A HUGE thanks to Efrant for providing the param.zip and making me aware of the existence of this possibility.

THANKS THANKS THANKS! This works, is this part of one of the stickied guides at the top? it should be, I searched my problem (malfunctioning usb port) and found it and it worked pretty painlessly. BRAVO. Hope that other dude got it worked out.

MyDroidM8

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
This is an old thread, but was hoping to get some help.

I have an HTC one M8 and trying to return it to Stock without USB Access. I am rooted and using the Philz recovery. I am trying to LOCK the bootloader. My attempt to update the ROM fails, and from all I have read, I am missing the step to lock the bootloader.

The links to param.zip (param.unlock and param.lock) in this post are broken. Can you help point me to param.zip?

Appreciate a response and thanks in advance

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky