Update OS on Trio AXS 4G

denajohn

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I was given a Trio AXS 4G and the installed Android version is 4.2.2. I contacted their customer support and asked about upgrading to a newer OS. They said that there were no newer versions available. All of the apps. that I want require Android version 5 or higher. Does anyone know a way to install a newer OS?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's only one way if someone hasn't ported a later version to it - pull the hardware interface from the current ROM and compile 5 or 6 (Google makes the sources available online) using your device's hardware interface. (It's not a job even some of the best ROM writers do, though - it's not like writing an app, it's more like pulling your body out through your ear. After more than 40 years of system development, I still won't tackle that for my own phone.)

Practically - no, there's no way you can update past the last update issued.

denajohn

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Rukbat, I've spent literally several hours searching the net. I guess I can stop wasting my time. Unfortunately, I guess I will need to purchase a tablet where the manufacturer actually keeps their products up to date. It doesn't appear that Trio is ever going to do it. As I said in my previous post, all of the apps. that interest me require a newer version of Android to run. Anyway.....thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174