rusticchasm

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
My phone keeps auto-updating. I rooted my phone with Revolutionary CWM V4.0.1.4 and now all I get is a screen with a yellow triangle, blue exclamation point, and droid robot. How do I get the update installed or make the screen go away?

lentsd

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
My phone keeps auto-updating. I rooted my phone with Revolutionary CWM V4.0.1.4 and now all I get is a screen with a yellow triangle, blue exclamation point, and droid robot. How do I get the update installed or make the screen go away?
Sorta is same scenario, but I've got a white triangle and yellow exclamation point. Thinking I may need to go back to stock, trying to find instructions for that.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
its because its trying to update, but can't find the stock recovery. install a ROM (can be a stock rooted one if you'd like) and it should go away.... note anything newer than what you have now requires a new radio that you will also have to flash through hboot seperately.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys able to get to recovery through hboot?.. power on the phone while holding the volume down rocker until you see the hboot screen.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
For now the only way is to load a custom ROM. Pull the sd card out and download a ROM from your computer and then put the sd card back in the phone. Boot into hboot.. recovery.. wipe cache partition.. wipe dalvik cache .. wipe data and then use the option to install zip from sd card.. which will be the ROM. There's some basic ROMs that are just Sense debloated.. same as what's on the phone now.. or you can use a ROM thats more customized.
List of ROMs: The Official Thunderbolt ROMs & Kernels Listing v2.5 (Updated 8/23) - xda-developers
You can use the basic debloated or something fancier.
Guide for flashing ROMs: http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...-backup-restore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html
Its the same steps but since you can't get into the phone... You will need to get to Clockworkmod Recovery through hboot.. from there.. follow the guide starting from wiping the caches and data.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody contacted the developers of revolutionary about this? I would think they could come.up with a fix without being forced to.go.to.a.custom Rom. A big.advantage of revolutionary is that you don't lose your apps and.settings. the suggested cure.does.wipe your phone.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody contacted the developers of revolutionary about this? I would think they could come.up with a fix without being forced to.go.to.a.custom Rom. A big.advantage of revolutionary is that you don't lose your apps and.settings. the suggested cure.does.wipe your phone.

considering this only affects rooted phones trying to update... you could back up everything onto the sd card first through the custom recovery. then install a rom, then restore your apps and data through the recovery. secondarily, you could use titanium backup or my root backup. both are free alternatives.

rusticchasm

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I un-rooted my phone and then "flash" rooted the phone (is that what its called?) so my phone isn't rooted now but i got the bloatware off-- now when the firmware tries to update, all i get is a red triangle. posted new thread in forum regarding. help!!!

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I un-rooted my phone and then "flash" rooted the phone (is that what its called?) so my phone isn't rooted now but i got the bloatware off-- now when the firmware tries to update, all i get is a red triangle. posted new thread in forum regarding. help!!!

In order to remove bloat, you have to be rooted. if you flashed a rom that had bloatware off, that means you no longer have the stock recovery and that is why you are getting that red triangle. If you pull the battery and then hold down volume (-) and power the device on and select recovery, is it orange text? If so, thats why you can't update your phone. You need to flash a rom with the updater script moved (almost every rom, but not all, you must be running one of the ones where the dev didn't move it)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novatian