Updates on backordered bumpers?

StevieY43

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Lots of threads about backordered phones finally being resolved, but has anyone heard anything about the bumpers?

The backorder email only mentioned phones, but it seems pretty clear that the bumpers are backordered as well.
I spoke with a Google CSR this morning who said that her information shows that they have zero inventory. Makes me grateful that my phone and bumper were on two separate orders.

Kaenon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Lots of threads about backordered phones finally being resolved, but has anyone heard anything about the bumpers?

The backorder email only mentioned phones, but it seems pretty clear that the bumpers are backordered as well.
I spoke with a Google CSR this morning who said that her information shows that they have zero inventory. Makes me grateful that my phone and bumper were on two separate orders.
I've seen them going for $100+ on eBay! :O

macdaram

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my bumper on 23rd November from Play Store UK (only ordered bumper as already got the handset from other source).

Advertised as 3-5 business days shipping (see below) ....

2vi451k.png

...and still showing "Pending" in Google Wallet, only been 3 business days since the 23rd so fingers crossed........

nntphf.png

StevieY43

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There's a charge pending on my CC for the amount of my pending bumper order. Dated last night (11/28). Of course, then again there was also a pending charge 2 weeks ago and that didn't work out so well...

Play store now shows pending with the date 11/29

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I reply to this thread that I posted on another one too,if considered crossposting please delete, is fine by me.
Follow up to this is the brand new mail which mentions:
Hello Georgios,

Thank you for contacting Google Support, I apologize about the delay. I can understand how this issue could be frustrating, but I hope I am able to answer all of your questions!

I do apologize they are not sold out in the UK. So I have sent this to the shipping team to find out why it hasn't been shipped.
If you have any other questions/concerns, feel free to reply to this email or call into 855-836-3987.

Thank you for being a Valued Google Play Customer.

Regards,

Monika
The Google Play Support Team

WTF?
So they are not sold out but everyone is waiting for a bumper or they are but the google employee does not know???
Any answer being true is...lame.

Let me give some ''info''.
Ordered a bumper on the 15th, the site was showing on stock (obviously).
My google wallet showed the order as ''pending''.
Emailed google on the 21st.
On the 22nd i get this reply:
Hi .....,

Thank you for contacting Google Play support.
"Within 3 weeks" is the only guidance I can provide at this time. I?ll only know the scheduled delivery date when you receive an email notification that your order has shipped.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Bufkin

I email google again on the 26th.
I get this answer:
Hi *they spelled my name WRONG here!),

Thank you for contacting Google Play support.
Your order will be shipping shortly. Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your order.

Thanks,

Mabel

So I email once more this reply:
Thank you for your answer but this is not an answer really.
What does shortly mean?
This day, this week?
Thanks.

And I get this answer:
Hello......,

Thank you for contacting Google Support, I apologize about the delay. I can understand how this issue could be frustrating, but I hope I am able to answer all of your questions!

Rest assured that Nexus 4 Bumpers orders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. Due to overwhelming demand we sold out of Nexus 4 Bumpers extremely quickly.

If you have any other questions/concerns, feel free to reply to this email or call into 855-836-3987.

Thank you for being a Valued Google Play Customer.

Regards,

Monika

This is just a joke.
I ask WHEN is ''shortly'' and they answer to me something completely different which is that orders are delivered based on the order in which they were received (which is NOT the case but I can not explain that, considering that they are not even able to answer a simple question).

And yes...still waiting for that ''shortly'' to end.

StevieY43

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got a shipping notice for my "backordered" bumper, which was ordered on 11/13. That's actually the first bumper-related communication I've received from Google after the initial order confirmation.

c_hri_s

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I ordered one with my phone on launch day. Phone arrived Thursday, Bumper arrived today. No shipping notifications arrived for either.

GopherDroid

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 16 GB Nexus 4 at 2:17 pm CST on 11/13
Ordered bumper at 7:40 am CST on 11/14

Received backorder email for Nexus 4 on 11/15
Received shipping this week email for Nexus 4 on 11/26
Received shipping confirmation for Nexus 4 from Google on 11/27 and from UPS just after midnight that night
Received shipping confirmation for bumper from Google and UPS on 11/29

Bumper is scheduled to arrive on Monday 12/3
Never received a backorder email for my bumper.

I'm in the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796