Updating Verizon Tablet without Sim card

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Long story short. I bought a 2014 edition 10.1 Samsung note without a carrier from Walmart.com. this was during the holidays and sometimes they offer products from other companies which is fine as long as Walmart will still back it with the warranty which they did.

The problem happened when it arrived and I opened the box and found a 2002 Verizon Samsung Note instead of the one I ordered. Luckily the lady at Walmart refunded all my money plus the warranty money and let me keep the tablet? Apparently this company had done it to quite a few people.

The problem I have been facing is that it won't let me update without a Verizon sim card even over wifi. If I try over wifi it says that it has to be hooked up basically to the Verizon network.

Is there anyway around this? I would love to get rid of the Verizon crap completely but I will settle for just updating it. Im saving for a new one but that takes time.

Any help anybody could offer would be great! Thank you in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's not an Android tablet - or it's not from 2002. The first version of Android came out around September 2008, and I don't think it was a public release - so how did the tablet get Android 6 years earlier?

A model number might help us to find it and give you some advice. Please register an account here so you can post answers in this same thread - you can't if you're not registered (so no one will know what you're talking about in the new thread you create by posting again).