Upgraded to 2.3.6 and now I can't root!

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So, I finally flashed my infuse to ginger bread (uck2 - stock kernal from xda.)

Everything seems to working fine with the exception of sucessfully rooting my phone post flash. I'm using the latest version of super one click (2.3.2.0), I made sure usb debugging was enabled. What happens is: I start the root, it gets as far as step #7 wait for device, which is where it hangs forever. (seriously, I waited about a half hour)

has anyone experienced this, if so can you help me resolve my little issue.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
If you had searched XDA you would have found out that it' can't be rooted with SOC.

You can root it by flashing one of the rooted GB kernels.

joe1987

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
So, I finally flashed my infuse to ginger bread (uck2 - stock kernal from xda.)

Everything seems to working fine with the exception of sucessfully rooting my phone post flash. I'm using the latest version of super one click (2.3.2.0), I made sure usb debugging was enabled. What happens is: I start the root, it gets as far as step #7 wait for device, which is where it hangs forever. (seriously, I waited about a half hour)

has anyone experienced this, if so can you help me resolve my little issue.

I went back to stock using: [AT&T][2.3.6]Heimdall One-Click Back-To-Stock UCKJ4...
I had been testing about 4 diff ROM's, finally decided to go back to stock, but didn't want Froyo. Your OCB to stock = Good to Go! I did have to load boot-loaders, worked great. I Rooted with Super One Click v2.3.2. it did hang on #5 process, for a good while (3-4 min), with 4 "no responses" but knowing windows I just let it run, to see what would happen. Then it ran through and popped up stating rooting successful, tested the root with a few programs....Good To Go!

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you had searched XDA you would have found out that it' can't be rooted with SOC.

You can root it by flashing one of the rooted GB kernels.

I don't recall ever saying I hadn't searched the Xda forums, in fact that's where I found the leak in the first place and yes, I did see that others were having the same issue.

Seeing that others are having the same issue dies not warrant me giving up and not trying to ask people here in the android thrums as well.

As for your advice, I will take it under advisement. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
My Bad, didn't know he had upgraded it to 2.3.2, but just saw that it's now at 2.3.3.

Thanks for the info.I misread your last post.

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
um when your on stock uckl2 there is a kernal you can flash and you get: Root, Cwm, Voodoo.
Should be over on xda someplace
I'm guessing by your screen name that your phone is Infused? I tried that one for about a week. Now, I'm rocking dlevrom... It's magnificently epic and you should try it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So, I worked around this issue as some of you may have imagined by flashing into a custom rom, which is my opinion way better than what I was hoping to accomplish which was just updating to GB and tweaking and customizing it piece by piece. Thanks to all who have offered good advice.

I'm still growing in knowledge and eventually I will become a power user. How do I do that? A ton of research and tons of time on xda.

snewton869

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if 2.3.6 is still un-rootable? I'm using the stock Gingerbread 2.3.6 on my Infuse 4G with Superoneclick 2.3.3 and it hangs on step 7. Also tried using the CMD Line approach with Gingerbreak and still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if 2.3.6 is still un-rootable? I'm using the stock Gingerbread 2.3.6 on my Infuse 4G with Superoneclick 2.3.3 and it hangs on step 7. Also tried using the CMD Line approach with Gingerbreak and still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!
If you go to xda and look under Infuse/android software and developement there's a post by Dman of the stock Gb rom- it's just a rooted version of gb that can be flashed through cwm.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=22775901

I'dgive you more info, but I'm mobile and my batteries about to die. Hopefully I got you pointed in the right direction. Keep us posted :)

Sent from my ZTR powered Infuse. :D

dutch555

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I dont know if this thread is still alive but I am so lost..for the last 5 hours now. I went to XDA link and read Dman : [ROM][2.3.6]SGH-I997 UCLB3[Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox, Zipaligned..
Ok, As promised the rooted version...

Enjoy!

This rom includes entrpys daily driver, thank him for all his hars work!

Boot into CWM
Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
choose zip
flash zip
reboot
enjoy
But What the heck does all that mean?

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I dont know if this thread is still alive but I am so lost..for the last 5 hours now. I went to XDA link and read Dman : [ROM][2.3.6]SGH-I997 UCLB3[Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox, Zipaligned..
Ok, As promised the rooted version...

Enjoy!

This rom includes entrpys daily driver, thank him for all his hars work!

Boot into CWM
Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
choose zip
flash zip
reboot
enjoy
But What the heck does all that mean?

That post is still very much alive and useful for infuse users and those who still like to flash ROMs on it every once in a while. :)

Sent from my super smooth Galaxy S III running Awesome Avatar ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo