US Government Shudown / Debt Default - Is it affecting your purchasing confidence?

US Government Shudown / Debt Default - Is it affecting your purchasing confidence?

• Total voters

NewtonGravity

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm wondering how the us government shutdown and possible debt default affecting you? Is it affecting your purchasing confidence?

I voted yes. I was going to purchase a couple devices this week like the nexus 7 or a P2 Jr. Pico Projector but decided to hold off on it due to uncertainty with my financial standing in the next 2-3 months.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
no. unless you work for the government and as a result of this shutdown are now not getting a paycheck - i say don't worry about it. this event is a tiny blip in history that will soon be long forgotten. they'll figure it out and we'll get through it - we've been through far, far worse events in this country. however - i do believe in living within your means, saving and investing as much as possible on a regular basis, staying out of debt, and recognizing the difference between "needs" and "wants" - do you really need every new gadget? hence, pick your shots - buy a couple of the best ones and keep and use them for a long time - enjoy yourself - life is short - but pay cash, stay out of debt, and save/invest your a$$ off. remember that "money is freedom and independence" and "the debtor is the slave to the lender". prepare now for that real rainy day and that real big storm - it's coming! good luck.

NewtonGravity

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
no. unless you work for the government and as a result of this shutdown are now not getting a paycheck - i say don't worry about it. this event is a tiny blip in history that will soon be long forgotten. they'll figure it out and we'll get through it - we've been through far, far worse events in this country. however - i do believe in living within your means, saving and investing as much as possible on a regular basis, staying out of debt, and recognizing the difference between "needs" and "wants" - do you really need every new gadget? hence, pick your shots - buy a couple of the best ones and keep and use them for a long time - enjoy yourself - life is short - but pay cash, stay out of debt, and save/invest your a$$ off. remember that "money is freedom and independence" and "the debtor is the slave to the lender". prepare now for that real rainy day and that real big storm - it's coming! good luck.

Thanks for the response and tip Gekko. I'm a big believer in staying out of debt as well. However I do think we need the government as well due to our currency being tied to the Treasury. If that goes down, then our savings will be worthless. :/

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
control what you can control. that is - save your money and stay out of debt. make yourself bulletproof.

good luck!

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering how the us government shutdown and possible debt default affecting you? Is it affecting your purchasing confidence?

Can you explain in what way or ways you think a U.S. Federal Government shutdown would have an impact on your purchasing confidence? I really don't see the link here.

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
It will impact quite a few things, today they discussed that it can potentially cause another recession that we just went through since 2008.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk