US release date could be July 12th!

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Quick question: I've read that some people's orders are being listed as complete. Is this in the Play store or on Google Wallet? The transactions list in my Google Wallet just says "Your order has been sent to Google Inc.". I ordered on 7/3. Thanks!

tikicoder

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Quick question: I've read that some people's orders are being listed as complete. Is this in the Play store or on Google Wallet? The transactions list in my Google Wallet just says "Your order has been sent to Google Inc.". I ordered on 7/3. Thanks!

IF you look at the play store it will show as complete in google wallet it will show as its been sent to google inc.

Reactions: bottlerocket

nick9809

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I also ordered on June 27th, 10:45am. It seems like most of the June 27th people are the last to see any updates despite being first to order. Maybe google processes orders from newest to oldest?

No no, I'm pretty sure it's just new UPS accounts need time to process. Orders won't go live immediately when you make an account. Don't worry about it. It'll be up in no time.

.meegan.

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm really hoping all of these are not fakes, my hopes are going higher and higher. I guess I'll go create a my ups account just for the hell of it, to see if there something "waiting" for me.

I can assure you it's not a fake.:D I can, also, tell you it took a few hours after I registered for UPS My Choices for the tracking number to show up.

I'm sooo excited! I have been refreshing this thread 1000 times which has made me super impatient because I like gadgets. I have been without a tablet for months because I have been waiting on the Nexus7! Finally, we are getting somewhere. I hope you all see tracking numbers soon. :D

Reactions: John-Smith

ThePShot

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 6/28 early morning. Registered myUPS about 20 minutes ago. JUST received an email confirmation telling me I registered. Clearly their servers are either slow or they are being hammered by all of us / xda right now.

I have noticed a good number of tracking information posted so far has delivery for 7/13 (tomorrow). Indianapolis was one of the locations.

Point being, I don't think these were ever sitting in warehouses in the United States. ASUS just shipped these overseas and Google is rerouting them. Something happened logistically causing the delay. Logistics for some of the retail units (like GameStop) were probably done differently, and thus not part of the problem.

AOSP 4.1.1 -> ASUS Updates -> ASUS Ships to US -> [something delays] -> Google Reroutes to Play Pre-Orderers

(this is what Apple does -- replace asus with foxconn)

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I logged on them clicked on My UPS. Then you will see the tracking number sitting there in the middle<--see my UPS picture I posted that has the arrow pointing to the tracking number.

Just to let you all know, I haven't received an email from UPS. The tracking number was just there when I logged in to UPS.

You might want to check the location. I have a tracking number there as well in My UPS but is not going to the right place and it looks like an order for 2 Nexus 7's (being 3.3 pounds instead of the 1.7 i've seen on some other people's orders).

After looking at the tracking number it was for someone elses order that i had looked at on the site before.

mrjoshw

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
well our n7s are already at ups warehouses in our respective areas right? i wouldn't mind them shipping tomorrow because it's only a 10 mile distance between us. it would probably ship and come tomorrow.

.meegan.

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You might want to check the location. I have a tracking number there as well in My UPS but is not going to the right place and it looks like an order for 2 Nexus 7's (being 3.3 pounds instead of the 1.7 i've seen on some other people's orders).

After looking at the tracking number it was for someone elses order that i had looked at on the site before.

I haven't tracked anything with UPS, or clicked on any of the links. It's showing that it's going to IL which would make sense with 2 day shipping because I'm in Wisconsin.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Take this with a grain of salt but I found out something interesting about the "Delay" it turns out google hired a celebrity to deliver, but they are having trouble delivering because none of us ever sleep!!

I heard Santa is still trying to figure this one out, he wants to get it all done in one day.. Whadda guy!

Noah0504

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tracked anything with UPS, or clicked on any of the links. It's showing that it's going to IL which would make sense with 2 day shipping because I'm in Wisconsin.
Is it going to FOX something? If so, you clicked on the package from earlier. That's what showed up in mine.

Fisheads

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Listen to my post. I have a number to a reliable Gamestop in GA. so call for more info. 678-583-5974. Ask to speak to Jeremy. Don't make it to long of a conversation or he'll find out I squeeled and I might not get a job there. So be carefull when you call. Just say you found out from a reliable source. Tonight is the last preorder date.

Stop spamming. Your intention is so obvious. :mad:

bsmith630

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 6/28 early morning. Registered myUPS about 20 minutes ago. JUST received an email confirmation telling me I registered. Clearly their servers are either slow or they are being hammered by all of us / xda right now.

I have noticed a good number of tracking information posted so far has delivery for 7/13 (tomorrow). Indianapolis was one of the locations.

Point being, I don't think these were ever sitting in warehouses in the United States. ASUS just shipped these overseas and Google is rerouting them. Something happened logistically causing the delay. Logistics for some of the retail units (like GameStop) were probably done differently, and thus not part of the problem.

AOSP 4.1.1 -> ASUS Updates -> ASUS Ships to US -> [something delays] -> Google Reroutes to Play Pre-Orderers

(this is what Apple does -- replace asus with foxconn)

I just got an email confirmation from UPS for registering MyUPS also, so you're probably right.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strongfirm