Using facebook images for contacts

alauck15

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi, is there a way to sync all my contacts with facebook and use their images on the contact. I've tried going into accounts and sync with facebook but that just brings all my fb friends into my contacts list. i do not want this.

I just want my current contacts to be linked to fb and not export my entire fb list onto my phone.

I can't get any of my contacts to sync it says it should but no Facebook contacts will sunc. Any suggestions

Matt Higgins

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I am also stuck right now. I just got a new S6 as I damaged the back of my last one and it was covered under device warrenty (Which was working)

Nothing is syncing from FB to my phone. This is frustrating. I thought It was a install problem so I factory reset it. Same issue... Then I thought maybe it was a newer install rom so I factory reset my old one to see what would happen because it was working on that phone before aaaand NOPE. Its not working either. I tried Sync Me. It found a few contact images but not nearly all.

Starting to think that either FB or Android is the problem on a software level that we have no control over. FFS this is a hurge pain.

If anyone has the miracle cure for this please get at me!

Sandro00

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I am on the same boat and I am going nuts!! I had them all on there and synced beautifully. I went to clean up my contacts and some how I accidentally deleted the Facebook contacts. I went to re-sync and non of them are showing up! I did the same and factory resent and all that jazz, nada. everything is sync except for the Facebook ones.. I am working on this hard. When I have a solution I will definitely let you know. Please do the same for me!! God help me

Sandro00

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I am also stuck right now. I just got a new S6 as I damaged the back of my last one and it was covered under device warrenty (Which was working)

Nothing is syncing from FB to my phone. This is frustrating. I thought It was a install problem so I factory reset it. Same issue... Then I thought maybe it was a newer install rom so I factory reset my old one to see what would happen because it was working on that phone before aaaand NOPE. Its not working either. I tried Sync Me. It found a few contact images but not nearly all.

Starting to think that either FB or Android is the problem on a software level that we have no control over. FFS this is a hurge pain.

I am on the same boat and I am going nuts!! I had them all on there and synced beautifully. I went to clean up my contacts and some how I accidentally deleted the Facebook contacts. I went to re-sync and non of them are showing up! I did the same and factory resent and all that jazz, nada. everything is sync except for the Facebook ones.. I am working on this hard. When I have a solution I will definitely let you know. Please do the same for me!! God help me

Sandro00

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site

Got it!! Uninstall the latest update of Facebook (he new version is screwing it all up > Login the older version. > Go to settings in the Facebook app (not through the phone) > App Settings > Press Continuous Contact upload and BOOM!!

Let me know if it worked.

Robin1109

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Tried using the "continuous contact upload" and it didn't work for me. My FB contacts are in my phone but I don't see their pics pop up when I'm texting or calling them.

Last edited:

Robin1109

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Did you follow the instructions I linked two posts up?

Yup. I am able to choose both "sync with contacts" and "continuous contact upload" within the app itself and "sync with your device" within the phone settings. The same happens. The facebook contacts are in my phone but their pictures do not come with them.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yup. I am able to choose both "sync with contacts" and "continuous contact upload" within the app itself and "sync with your device" within the phone settings. The same happens. The facebook contacts are in my phone but their pictures do not come with them.

You rolled back to version 27 on Facebook, synced contacts and then updated Facebook?

Robin1109

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
You rolled back to version 27 on Facebook, synced contacts and then updated Facebook?

Despite locating version 27, it's not allowing me to install in on my phone. I get no reason why other than "app not installed". The security permissions have been adjusted to accept a download not from the play store.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Despite locating version 27, it's not allowing me to install in on my phone. I get no reason why other than "app not installed". The security permissions have been adjusted to accept a download not from the play store.

You have to uninstall the correct Facebook app first, then install version 27.

Robin1109

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
You have to uninstall the correct Facebook app first, then install version 27.

Believe it or not, my Samsung Galaxy S6 doesn't let me uninstall totally. I can uninstall updates, which only brings me back to version 35. From there, I can disable facebook, but not uninstall it completely. 27 won't download because of it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The people in the above thread were able to do it. Also are you sure the Facebook is an actual app and not a place holder when you uninstall updates? Does it open Facebook or prompt you to download?

Robin1109

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
It won't download or won't install?

It won't install. It will download.

I'm not sure how the above posters were able to do it. I just read an article confirming that certain apps are preloaded on the new Galaxy 6s and Edges and cannnot actually be uninstalled - only disabled.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Post in the above thread, the OP and others have S6's. On my Note 4 and S6 Edge in had to just uninstall updates and then install the new version.

Madhurchandna

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
You set Facebook app to sync with your Existing Contacts only, that's on Facebook app under settings - App settings. Just go to your phone Accounts under settings and check that the Sync With your device option is checked, while you are there click on the account so it syncs again.

On your Contacts app you click More, and there you see Merge contacts, that will merge al the contacts it finds that matches between all your accounts, then click Settings, and you'll see Contacts to display, when you click that you'll see that by default it has All contacts selected, so that's the reason you'll see all your Facebook friends on your Contact app, I hate that and I don't want it or need it, so I just select my Google Account and it will show only my contacts under my Google account, you can use the Customized list of you want to see more than one account's contacts.

Then only thing left is to go to your Contacts and see which one are merged automatically the rest you should do it kauai, you need to go one by one and edit them and click on Link option and it will allow you to manually choose the other account's contacts to link to.

I hope you can finally do what you want because the above is as much detailed as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23