V20 or G6?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well I love the V20 and have one now. But..I havent checled out the G6 in stores yet so I probably shouldnt answer. When it was announced I didnt feel like checking it out at the time, plus I have nust recently picked this one up at just over half price from T-Mobile

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

LG G6

821 vs 820 processor (which is barley an advantage but an advantage none the less.)

Same screen area of 5.7" (although the V20 is 16-9 and the G6 18-9)

IP68 water and dust resistant. LG V20 has a removable battery and no water resistance.

Much smaller body. The V20 is a tank.

Higher pixel density for a better resolution. 561ppi vs 513ppi

3300mAh vs 3200mAh battery.

The only gripe I have is that the G6 comes with no more than 32gb out of the box but that's cured with an SD card.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
And why/why not?

Go!

I think it would come down the the flip of a coin :) both are tremendous devices and I'm sure any customer would be happy with either of them. But if I had to choose, I would probably pick up the G6 until the V30 drops. Then it's back to the V-Series again :D Those thin bezels and 18:9 aspect ratio is very appealing.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
LG G6

821 vs 820 processor (which is barley an advantage but an advantage none the less.)

Same screen area of 5.7" (although the V20 is 16-9 and the G6 18-9)

IP68 water and dust resistant. LG V20 has a removable battery and no water resistance.

Much smaller body. The V20 is a tank.

Higher pixel density for a better resolution. 561ppi vs 513ppi

3300mAh vs 3200mAh battery.

The only gripe I have is that the G6 comes with no more than 32gb out of the box but that's cured with an SD card.

It comes down to preference since there are features missing on both that prevent making a true comparison.
The G6 doesn't have a DAC, removable battery, or second screen and lacks 64gb so its not an option for me.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I would go with the G6. Although the upgrades are subtle, it does offer water resistance, a bigger battery, bigger screen to body ration and the camera is flush with the back.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's quite the difficult choice. I love the look of the V series - always have - but I'd most likely go with the G6. It would fit better in my hand/ purses and I really like the overall look of the 6. I also really liked my G3 and so I'd like to see how they've improved with the 6.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
It comes down to preference since there are features missing on both that prevent making a true comparison.
The G6 doesn't have a DAC, removable battery, or second screen and lacks 64gb so its not an option for me.

No, I totally agree that it comes down to preference. I was hugely against non replaceable when the Note 5 was released and everything else. Now that water resistance is a thing, I vouch for sealed batteries along as the feature is available. The DAC was unimportant to me as was the second screen (which still would have been awesome to have). The only thing that irked me was the base storage amount but an SD card easily cures that. If 32gb doesn't suffice, 64gb won't either. Whether the base storage was 64gb or not, I think that most people would be adding an SD card anyway. A 128gb card does the trick ;)

They definitely could have done a better job but who really thought they were going to make this good of a phone in the first place after the G5?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Everyone does that though -- even with processors. It technically is bigger .. people don't care if it is a real world difference though :p.

Most reasonable people get the difference. I think it few that believe 3300 buys them much more than 3200. If we were talking 25 percent difference I might agree that it was a bigger battery.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Most reasonable people get the difference. I think it few that believe 3300 buys them much more than 3200. If we were talking 25 percent difference I might agree that it was a bigger battery.
Well same with processors.. sure one is faster but in real world non benchmark tests can you tell? Doubtful.. but people like specs :p.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well same with processors.. sure one is faster but in real world non benchmark tests can you tell? Doubtful.. but people like specs :p.

There is a difference though between the 821 and 820. The 821 is ready for Android O. The 820 requires additional support from Qualcomm... But most don't know that. I think they will make it work but you never know.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There is a difference though between the 821 and 820. The 821 is ready for Android O. The 820 requires additional support from Qualcomm... But most don't know that. I think they will make it work but you never know.
In terms like that yes but I'm speaking pure performance.. I didn't say compatible with newer versions. Let's keep it the same subject if we are going to talk about it. We're talking specs mattering in day to day use of a phone.. you jumped way off from what I was saying.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
In terms like that yes but I'm speaking pure performance.. I didn't say compatible with newer versions. Let's keep it the same subject if we are going to talk about it. We're talking specs mattering in day to day use of a phone.. you jumped way off from what I was saying.

I agree with what you're saying. I know there is no realistic difference between the two in terms of performance in day to day. I'm just pointing out that would be the only real advantage of the 821 over the 820.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I can barely tell the difference between lollipop, marshmallow and Nouget let alone being worried whether or not my phone will be compatible with Android O lol.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
V20. I have to have a removable battery. And 64GB does make a difference to me over 32. And the second screen is something I use all the time.