Vanilla Froyo Port

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Ooo.. interesting.

I have the 02 2.1 ROM on mine and it works.. just that the proximity sensor is out of wack and if I put it in the sleeve or my pocket, it reboots my phone.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ooo.. interesting.

I have the 02 2.1 ROM on mine and it works.. just that the proximity sensor is out of wack and if I put it in the sleeve or my pocket, it reboots my phone.

I supposed some bugs are to be expected in custom ROMs. Just porting the entire OS and getting it almost completely functional is quite amazing in itself.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
mine isn't exactly a ROM. I literally took the O2 update.zip, put it on my phone and applied it. Then messed around with the files in the system folder(build.prop) to make it appear as a US device.. works great aside from some apps saying I'm in the UK lol..

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
mine isn't exactly a ROM. I literally took the O2 update.zip, put it on my phone and applied it. Then messed around with the files in the system folder(build.prop) to make it appear as a US device.. works great aside from some apps saying I'm in the UK lol..

Wow nice! It's that easy huh? I wish I could take the I9000 Froyo and put it on my Epic like that :(

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Well, I got my device from a Dell rep which came unlocked.. but I believe if you apply the O2 ROM, it'll lock your device to that carrier(not entirely sure).

however I had to enable data roaming for data to work..there's some quirks.. It also boots up with the O2 water bubble logo.. but works great still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac