Verizon 4G Coverage Map

kristykat182

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
One of the reason I got a TB was because the verizon 4G coverage map told me 4g was available in my area. When I went to the verizon store to ask if something was wrong with my phone because I was not getting any trace of 4G, the guy told me it was not available in my area. Anyone have this happen to them? I was just curious if I should call verizon and complain..

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
One of the reason I got a TB was because the verizon 4G coverage map told me 4g was available in my area. When I went to the verizon store to ask if something was wrong with my phone because I was not getting any trace of 4G, the guy told me it was not available in my area. Anyone have this happen to them? I was just curious if I should call verizon and complain..

I would complain. How far away does the 4G coverage end on the map, vs. where you are? It's not the "border" coverage is it?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Map is pretty accurate for my area. It says i'm right on the fringe of 4G and its exactly right. Signal comes and goes in my house.

Spaky223

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I get that congradulations message also. 4G is in and out in my house. Heck it depends where I am standing in my house if I can make a call or not. Someone told me it may be due to the police station being nextdoor. Any truth to this?

Yourself

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
At work, I am smack dab in the middle of a 4g area on the map, but I haven't had 4g light up on my phone in over a week and a half. Works fine at my house 11 miles away...

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I get that congradulations message also. 4G is in and out in my house. Heck it depends where I am standing in my house if I can make a call or not. Someone told me it may be due to the police station being nextdoor. Any truth to this?

I can't say this for sure, pure speculation on my end...however, I'd find it hard to believe Verizon would build a network that shares the same band as police and emergency equipment.

I could be 100% wrong, just my own thoughts.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Don't believe their map is 100% accurate. Was in Wilmington at my parents this past weekend and noticed that there were quite a few spots that were supposed to have solid 4G coverage but didn't. Was pretty nice to go out and have LTE while sitting on the beach though.

snap20110423_133330.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rahul Singha