Verizon/Asurion Open enrollment for insurance /extended warranty until March 13,2015

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is having open enrollment on the extended warranty, Asurion WPP, and TEC until March 13, 2015.

For those that don't know:
Extended warranty =manufacturers defects beyond the 1 year warranty
Asurion WPP =insurance for accidental damage (broken screen, water damage, etc) , and has deductible, ranging from $99 to $199, 2 claim limit per year. Phone must be active on the line and placed an outgoing call on the device immediately prior to the loss.
e94fdabe45cdbacc2056da463156cd48.jpg

TEC =asurion WPP plus extended warranty

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nce_open_enrollment.html?null=&token=n2pQSZWA

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Last edited:

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What is with the "placed an outgoing call on the device immediately prior to the loss"??? What's that got to do with anything?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What is with the "placed an outgoing call on the device immediately prior to the loss"??? What's that got to do with anything?
If you have a note 4, then temporarily use an old phone on the line and make outgoing call, and damage the note 4, then the note 4 would not be covered.

Also, say that you have a old phone then buy a note 4 on ebay or cl or whatever,activate it on the line, use Internet, texts, but do not place an outgoing call on the note 4. The Note 4 would not be covered

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay I get that however how do we know a device is going to crap out on us so that we have a call made just before it does?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay I get that however how do we know a device is going to crap out on us so that we have a call made just before it does?
Essentially, Asurion covers the active device at time of peril. It doesn't have to be just before, it could be months ago, so long as you made a call on the line after getting a phone from a non verizon source. If you buy a phone from verizon and activate it, then it would be automatically covered, unless you activate another phone on the line and make an outgoing call