Verizon: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Were they the blue 512? Those are the ones of concern, because as of now, there are no reports of the blue 512 being shipped by anyone. There are lots of shipping reports on the others.

Sorry I didnt specify, I ordered the 128gb blue ones. I wanted the 512gb because of the 8gb of ram but I didnt need 512gb if storage so I just went with the 128gb. If I do need more I'll just use my 200gb sd card.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to lie. I might switch to the blue 128. I'm not in the mood to mess around with a backorder deal. To be honest, the only reason I went with the 512 is because I always want the best of the best, I absolutely do not need 512 memory and 6gb ram has been good on my note 8.

Simi7777

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
Just went to play with both phones at my local store. The purple is more lavender and metallic. Showed fingerprints as soon as picked up. Now that I touched it I want it more. Fits good in my tiny girl hands (lol). Lighter than I expected. Glad I picked blue. The pen is cool. Love the yellow

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
Hi, new here. Anyway, a couple of thoughts...

I first investigated ordering the blue 512gig through my local Best Buy on Thursday, 16 Aug, but was told they couldn’t get them because they were backordered. That I could get the purple 512, but not the blue.

I then called Verizon’s customer service to inquire about ordering the blue 512gig and was told they were available; however, I decided to go another route and instead pre-ordered mine through a phone kiosk at my local military exchange. They too indicated there would be no issue in getting the blue 512gig by the 24 (Sept), so that’s where I placed my order. The order as of today is showing "processing" but that's understandable seeing today is Sunday.

Anyway, with all this delayed talk going on, I’m beginning to wonder if Best Buy knew something we’re all trying to ignore…. That the hot popularity of the blue 512 gig has exhausted pre-existing stock. At this point in time I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a delay, but….

Regardless, I'm kind of committed (at least to some type of Note 9) because I also "pre-ordered" the Galaxy Note 9 LED Wallet Cover through Samsung, so cancelling one order means cancelling the other.

Oh well, we’ll see what the order status says Monday or later.

Oh, forgot to mention the only reason I did the pre-order was to get the free AKG headphones :)

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else's vzw store make them activate a new sim card instead of just using your existing one? Drives me nuts that they do that for an activation fee

Moonliterider

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey Jewels,and "yes" the blue of the Note 9 is much deeper,in my opinion, than the 8! It's really 2 very different colors. For some reason, maybe because of the store lighting, I see metallic more in the lilac color than in the Blue. This blue is very inky, deep blue, or think of a really deep, dark sapphire blue. I think it's going to suit those who love blue, or who were a bit disappointed that black wasn't offered in the states. I'm betting you will like this one!

Simi7777

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
Hey Jewels,and "yes" the blue of the Note 9 is much deeper,in my opinion, than the 8! It's really 2 very different colors. For some reason, maybe because of the store lighting, I see metallic more in the lilac color than in the Blue. This blue is very inky, deep blue, or think of a really deep, dark sapphire blue. I think it's going to suit those who love blue, or who were a bit disappointed that black wasn't offered in the states. I'm betting you will like this one!

I agree I just played with both in-store and feel the same. Blue wouldn't have sold out I'm, if they released the black too.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm not going to lie. I might switch to the blue 128. I'm not in the mood to mess around with a backorder deal. To be honest, the only reason I went with the 512 is because I always want the best of the best, I absolutely do not need 512 memory and 6gb ram has been good on my note 8.

I would just wait it out. Most likely you're going to get your 512 this week. At least give it to Wednesday. If no shipping by Wednesday then I guess if you want to go to 128 then you should still be okay but that's a HUGE trade off for (don't take this the wrong way) a little bit of impatience.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I just checked on reddit and there are reports from a couple of people (in UAE mind you) already receiving the 512GB variant. So it DOES indeed exist...

Also, just chatted with a Verizon rep (I know, I know...) and according to him - my 512GB ocean blue is still set for delivery by Friday 8/24....so...there ya go

"Riley: upon checking here, your order is still up and yes, you would receive it on 8/24.

You: Okay very good. Some people in a thread im in had mentioned a backorder status so I figured I would check.

Riley: I see here that your pre order has been approved and you'll receive it on the 24th. Should there be any changes, you will be notified via email."

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I would just wait it out. Most likely you're going to get your 512 this week. At least give it to Wednesday. If no shipping by Wednesday then I guess if you want to go to 128 then you should still be okay but that's a HUGE trade off for (don't take this the wrong way) a little bit of impatience.
I probably will. I'm just starting to question if I really need the big one. I figured I would wait till Wednesday before doing anything.

I know if Verizon goes into October with me, I'll either go down to 128 or cancel and order from Best buy, if I will have to wait, I might as well get $100 off.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have question for everyone. I check my order status thru the Verizon app, it says order processing, will be getting ready to ship soon. When I click that and log on to my account it shows the order and it says pending above it.

Does everyone else show the same thing logging into your account and looking.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I have question for everyone. I check my order status thru the Verizon app, it says order processing, will be getting ready to ship soon. When I click that and log on to my account it shows the order and it says pending above it.

Yup exactly what mine says

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Thanks a bunch. I can't wait😁

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Nope. Mine says processing, sign in to account, no pending just says processing check back later, only way I can see anything else on the note9 is going to device agreements which has it posted 4 times for whatever reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CsPerry