Verizon grandfathered unlimited plan .vs. current unlimited plan.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Netflix doesn't care. They did as they were told. Verizon is advertising new unlimited plan streams at 1080p but isn't s8 capable of 4k?ATT and Tmobile are 480p unless you pay an extra monthly fee.
Having millions of phones streaming at 4k would definitely matter to Netflix vs 1080p. Plus Netflix 4k is extra cost. You might be right in the past and note 3 was more likely to have unlimited so they throttled it. Now who knows what they are doing. I personally don't think it would be very noticable.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Having millions of phones streaming at 4k would definitely matter to Netflix vs 1080p. Plus Netflix 4k is extra cost. You might be right in the past and note 3 was more likely to have unlimited so they throttled it. Now who knows what they are doing. I personally don't think it would be very noticable.
Verizon is throttling to 1080p.They advertise it. Netflix not at fault.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the original link from 2015 in email from Netflix but it is no longer available. I can post it but they obviously took down the list after complaints like mine. Here is an article. confirming there IS a list and now Netflix is making it difficult to get. You might get access if you actually email them and ask for it. I will try. This article gives some insight anyway but I would prefer a list.

There is a video in Netflix called Example Short 23.976 that tells you the resolution your device is receiving. It will max out at the highest it will give you.

Is that video accessible by searching on the Netflix app? I get no results.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is that video accessible by searching on the Netflix app? I get no results.
It's still there
d1dc6b3e3fe6335b19cfb9907e7f808a.jpg

I can't search it either. It is saved on my list. Maybe you have to call Netflix to get it? Maybe there is a more recent version?

There are articles about Netflix hidden content in Google and Reddit but the easiest way to get it is to call them.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Netflix doesn't care. They did as they were told. Verizon is advertising new unlimited plan streams at 1080p but isn't s8 capable of 4k?ATT and Tmobile are 480p unless you pay an extra monthly fee.
Where did you find that ? I haven't seen them define a limit of 1080 ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54