Verizon Maxx wont work with straight talk ATT sim?

redbandit98

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I bought a razr maxx used to have at work as a spare phone (long battery life). I was under the impression I could use the straight talk Sim in it and it would talk and text fine, It would just not have 4G and that is ok. I have a working Sim from straight talk( the ATT version), and the droid just states its from an unknown source and wont get any signal. The triangle stays on the screen. I know the Sim works because I can use it in an old 3g iphone. Thanks very much for any help

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Verizon and AT&T are incompatible - Verizon is CDMA based and AT&T (and T Mobile and Straight Talk and others) are GSM based. Verizon recently added SIM cards, but that's only for Verizon's version of LTE.

redbandit98

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I realize this but my other phones (iphones) work fine. I can pop an att sim in it and it will work fine, just wont have the lte. I think I read somewhere where Verizon has the GSM disabled for just the US on these phones. If you take it out of country it will work. I guess its my mistake for not finding out first. I know on all the older phones, ATT and Verizon weren't compatible at all. I thought, however, all the newer LTE phones were unlocked and you could swap carriers at least on the voice part.