Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo has anyone tried the Verizon screen protectors?

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
My home cut ones can't cover the whole face so I might grab a $13 pack to cover it until the big brands start shipping them :/

They any good?

Posted via the Android Central App

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: has anyone tried the Verizon screen protectors?

I bought a Verizon screen protector because I don't want to risk anything happening to my screen before better ones come out. Honestly, the screen protectors are awful and feel very 2011ish to me, but they will certainly do the trick until something better is released.

Naylor07

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

My home cut ones can't cover the whole face so I might grab a $13 pack to cover it until the big brands start shipping them :/

They any good?

I ordered the Verizon Tempered Glass version, should be here Monday. With my employer discount, it was about 18 bucks, which is a little high considering it doesn't come with a scratch warranty like most other companies provide on tempered glass. But, I will say that after using a tempered glass protector, you can never go back to a plastic one.

akatoast

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

I ordered the Verizon Tempered Glass version, should be here Monday. With my employer discount, it was about 18 bucks, which is a little high considering it doesn't come with a scratch warranty like most other companies provide on tempered glass. But, I will say that after using a tempered glass protector, you can never go back to a plastic one.

I didn't see the tempered glass protectors for the droid turbo, just the flexible glass. Are they the same thing?

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site

I ordered the Skinomi Turbo screen protector. I've had good experience with Skinomi products in the past. I don't like any screen protectors that come in packages of more than one, that tells me that they will wear out and possibly allow the screen to be scratched.

The Skinomi Turbo protector will be shipping on November 6th.

Naylor07

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I didn't see the tempered glass protectors for the droid turbo, just the flexible glass. Are they the same thing?

I believe they are similar. Generally with tempered glass you see a rating like 9H, so maybe this version isn't as hard as tempered glass? Not positive, but glass is better than plastic to me.

I can let you know Monday if it is similar to the tempered glass protector I have on my S5 and iPhone 6.

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Well the VZW flexible glass one does say 9H on the website. Let's us know how it goes!

Bamzilla

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

I got the flexible glass from Verizon and it feels great so far. It's much better than the cheap plastic one I had on my Galaxy Nexus for almost 3 years. Loving this phone so far!

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I got the $12.99 screen protectors from verizon and they are pretty bad. As soon as techarmor comes out with some I will swap out.

I can never get the skinomi (wet application) ones installed well enough.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I just ordered mine. Same deal: $18.74 with discount which for 9H rated glass does not seem like a bad price IMO; Zagg wants $35 for a glass screen protector for a Galaxy S5. I know, it comes with a lifetime warranty, but I won't have this phone for a life time, and I don't think it's worth an extra $15 anyway.

I'll be interested in hearing your opinion on installation and feel/use when you get it.

anon(5709734)

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I got the Verizon flexible/tempered glass protector and I love it so far. Feels great, looks great, and no fingerprints. Very happy with it.

Naylor07

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Reporting back:

I have owned many tempered glass screen protectors in the past and while the Verizon one will work, it isn't my favorite. I don't like the fact that it is flexible, as it means it doesn't feel like glass. It is still a step above a plastic protector, but not the same feel as many 3rd party tempered glass screen protectors. I will be replacing it as soon as some 3rd parties get production going on their screen protectors!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiSwipe