Verizon not offering 1yr contracts after sunday!?

marcg611

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just saw on the local news that Verizon is ending 1 yr contracts.. wtf! Im barely at 1 yr now and want a new phone, though the Inc is still dope! 1yr seems smarter with how fast the technology is advancing. Don't know how I'm gonna make it another year!

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Sad but true

this is absolutely inevitable...

that is why I am going to just start saving money and buying phones straight out... I have been a part of verizon for over 13 yrs... it pisses me off BUT nothing I can do about it. plus, I don't care what anyone says, they are the most reliable :)

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah you cant get proper service where i grew up without verizon bc of valleys and i suppose cell tower placement.

i have 2 years of unlimited 4g tho (both a perk and a curse of thunderbolt)

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
This is horrible news:'( WTF just when I decide to try one year contracts and fall in love with the idea they go and do this crap. All these policy changes are having me strongly considering dropping VZW when my contract expires this winter.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Lucky for me this is a non issue :) Otherwise I agree it wuld suk for those affected .

sent using TaPaTaLk

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are an Android fan and are planning to buy a phone, one year plans make sense. The excelerated release rate of these phones are almost all one year and done anyway. Every other carrier is either doing the same or rolling out this same tactic. The problem is that the phones are not as cheap as they would as they would on a 2 yr. contract. They seem to put the savings upfront in the price now, similar to what Best Buy does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlotte Rise FC