[Verizon] "OFFICIAL" JellyBean Speculation

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, just switched to VW from Sprint and while the Network is much better, I can't believe the S3 is not on 4.1!

Is this consistent for Verizon?

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, just switched to VW from Sprint and while the Network is much better, I can't believe the S3 is not on 4.1!

Is this consistent for Verizon?

More than you know. I wouldn't have a problem with it if all they wee doing was making sure it works great, but unfortunately, it takes time to load all of the bloat and test it too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jekyll99

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
December 1st, 2012: still no OTA JB from Verizon unless your phone is rooted. Surprised Verizon is so bad about updates. They hands down have the best network, and they have exceptional customer service. If they would just keep up with the update game they would really drive the scumbags at Sprint and the rookies at T-Mobile into the ground (I'm not even mentioning AT&T, their network is just embarrasing and speaks for itself).
Lets go for a more current update. CNet UK posted this about an October release. This may only be for the UK in October so the US may be later. For us on Verizon I'm not expecting anything till November now.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update confirmed for October | CNET UK

WestOkid

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't take it, so loaded JB leak and loving it.
That said, I believe Verizon holds back updates based on what they want to sell. I know it's cynical, but how else do you explain it. Right now they are not interested in selling S3s, they want to move their Droid exclusives with Verizon on the front of the phone. They did the same thing with holding up the Gnex release so the Droid RAZR could sell. They did it with the Note 2 this year so the Droid DNA could sell. IMHO.

Tapped from my SCH - I535 using VZW stock Jelly Bean

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Lol I just meant before me :(.. I'm freaking out, it's gonna hit me harder when my friends at&t gs3 gets it and I don't

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If my S3 was giving me any problems that I thought Jellybean could fix I'd probably be more upset. As it is the only thing I'd really like to see is Google Now and I can continue waiting for that. I have a Nexus 7 so I'm familiar with Jellybean.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Turns out the Mayan calendar was a countdown to the GS3 JB release. We should all be happy soon, or dead....either way the wait will be over. I tell you one thing for sure though...if BB10 drops before I get JB, there will be an apocalypse!!

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Is that your gut telling you, or do you have a source? Just curious; the last two dates at least claimed to have come from VZW employees.

It's my gut, I have zero inside information. And it would make sense to hold JB so they could continue to sell a few more of the devices with JB. It's a differentiator right now.

Once Christmas season is over and they've sold plenty of Note 2's and HTC DNA's then they'll release it.

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Problem with that is most don't know what ics or jelly bean is. Just use geeks and we are what 5%. We will get it when we get it. Hoping in a few weeks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2