Verizon pushing 5.10.605.9 update

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
This update adds an extra bar to the RSSI icon. However, has anyone noticed an improved RSSI -dbm measurement?

I have never had any dbm improvement with any update on a verizon phone. The signal bar update means nothing. For those including Verizon CS who tell you to *228 I have NEVER seen any difference in signal or reception. * 228 is for roaming improvement. I have never seen my phone roam in the Northeast.

That is like a doctor telling you to take two aspirin and call me in the morning

an_icon

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Got my replacement yesterday did the update first thing, seemed to move slow but it loaded, not really worth the day with out a phone, and the time spent setting my phone up. i think i will wait a while next update to see how it pans out.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Day two with the replacement. Still when I click check for update the window pops up and then closes after a few seconds. No error message.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
After the update I'm noticing a HUGE drain on the battery. The phone hasn't been on quite four hours yet and I've only used it for one short phone call. No texting, emailing or doing anything with it; it's just been idle. When I just checked it I was at 52% battery and when I checked my usage it attributed 92% to display. WTF? The phone has been off as I said and I have brightness turned way down.

I think this update is a total dud. The extra battery bar has done nothing to help reception or call quality and the only change I can tell is that now my phone's battery is kaput. This was my first Android phone and after the poor experience I've had it will be my last.

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
After the update I'm noticing a HUGE drain on the battery. The phone hasn't been on quite four hours yet and I've only used it for one short phone call. No texting, emailing or doing anything with it; it's just been idle. When I just checked it I was at 52% battery and when I checked my usage it attributed 92% to display. WTF? The phone has been off as I said and I have brightness turned way down.

I think this update is a total dud. The extra battery bar has done nothing to help reception or call quality and the only change I can tell is that now my phone's battery is kaput. This was my first Android phone and after the poor experience I've had it will be my last.

Ever considered rooting your phone? I'm on a ROM based off this update and I get great battery life. My reception is better with the new Radio as well.

Also 3G drains battery quick, so do you have that on? And if so you can disable Always-On Data which helps save battery too.

Reactions: HBlackepoxy

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Day two with the replacement. Still when I click check for update the window pops up and then closes after a few seconds. No error message.

Factory data reset is the fix for this. I've run into the same thing on three DInc2's with two different updates. Reset it and when it finally finishes you should then be able to grab the update.

pnicefor

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Same here. My battery lasted approx. 5 hours today. Seems like this update just killed the battery life out of this phone...

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Factory data reset is the fix for this. I've run into the same thing on three DInc2's with two different updates. Reset it and when it finally finishes you should then be able to grab the update.

Hmm, is it worth all that?

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

chshrkt

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, is it worth all that?

Well, I was forcibly updated last night (Boo!), and I didn't really notice any difference in battery life, though my Clock/Alarm is back(Yay!).

I do keep my phone with most of the bells and whistles turned off (GPS, WiFi, etc.), so my battery life has always been pretty good.

zrcr

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Same here. My battery lasted approx. 5 hours today. Seems like this update just killed the battery life out of this phone...

Bring up your list of running processes and see if you have 2 running for the calendar. I had the same issue after the update and finally figured out that 1 of these calendar processes was running 3 services and killing my battery. I killed it and it never came back and my battery life improved drastically.

ep3w

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I've notived that my phone never got this update. When I click check new under software update nothing happens. No pop up, no error nothing. Any ideas how to get it to update? Thanks

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here. Someone said do a factory reset. I didn't do it because I don't need that pain in the A right now.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So I took the plunge and factory reset. Now I have 5 bars. Update successful. I don't really see any other difference tho

Reactions: ep3w

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Bring up your list of running processes and see if you have 2 running for the calendar. I had the same issue after the update and finally figured out that 1 of these calendar processes was running 3 services and killing my battery. I killed it and it never came back and my battery life improved drastically.

I never knew the calendar could drain the battery so much. Like you said my battery life is a lot better as well.