Verizon recs reset for audio issues. I havent updated to 5.0 yet. Which do I do first?

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Basically, occasionally I am having issues where callers cant hear me. Seems to be increasing and if I power off the phone it works again. I think its somehow related to bluetooth but havent pinned it down yet.

I have rec'd conflicting info from Verizon. One rep says factory reset then do 5.0. But then I talked to another that states I should update to 5.0 and then do reset...Any other input out there?

Been holding off on 5.0 b/c bricked a tablet but from what I have read things seem to be received well so far...
JF

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been running 5.1 since the soak test, and it works fine for me.

Upgrading may resolve the problem, which would mean you might not have to try the factory reset. I am aware that some people do a factory reset after every upgrade out of habit, however, so you'll have to make that call.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd factory reset after the update if it was me, but it won't hurt (and will make the update go faster) if you reset before, too. Just do the reset again after. But, if you only want to do it once, do it after.

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks...will likely reset after update to 5.0.
Just did a clear cache partition and my 5.0 that was waiting got blasted. Will download again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fakharzaman003