Verizon -- System Update LG V10

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
On my Verizon G4 :
Power phone down
I usually wait about 30 seconds, then, press and hold power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
Keep both buttons pressed until a menu pops up on screen.
Release buttons, then scroll down the menu using volume down button, to start in safe mode option.
Select option with power button.
Phone should start in safe mode.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
On my Verizon G4 :
Power phone down
I usually wait about 30 seconds, then, press and hold power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
Keep both buttons pressed until a menu pops up on screen.
Release buttons, then scroll down the menu using volume down button, to start in safe mode option.
Select option with power button.
Phone should start in safe mode.

Got it. Trying it this morning. Let you know how it goes.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Tested it out this morning in safe mode. Unplugged around 5:30 am, and after a little over 3 hrs. this was the result.
Capture+_2016-08-18-08-51-43.jpg

Def something on my phone making this happen. Open to ideas as to what may be causing this.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
If you can tolerate safe mode, run it for 12 hours or so, just to get an idea of the difference it is making, over time.

I can do that for confirmation, but I can already see the difference it made just running it for a few hours this morning. Since switching back the battery has drained down to 67%. I need to find the why behind the what at this point.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
If you've had enough of safe mode, power the phone down, and repeat the steps to get to the start menu. This time, scroll down to "wipe cache." Select by a press of the power button, and wait for the phone to restart.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
If you've had enough of safe mode, power the phone down, and repeat the steps to get to the start menu. This time, scroll down to "wipe cache." Select by a press of the power button, and wait for the phone to restart.
Doing that right now. Let you know how it goes.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
This morning seems to be a much better day.............so far. Unplugged at 5:40 am and almost 3 hrs. later, it is still at 100% with no use. Let's see if this continues throughout the day.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting better battery life since the last update. It must be an app or a setting somewhere that's causing your issue.

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, forgot to reply to this post. The wipe cache didn't fix the issue.
Maybe I missed it but have you tried a factory reset since the update? I typically always do a factory reset after any update. They're usually not so bad since all contacts, apps and such will update automatically also.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Maybe I missed it but have you tried a factory reset since the update? I typically always do a factory reset after any update. They're usually not so bad since all contacts, apps and such will update automatically also.
No, I was trying to avoid that at all costs. I would most likely lose some things and not know it until I needed it.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
If your battery life is still bad, and you want to avoid doing a factory reset, you could disable or uninstall any apps you don't use regularly. Pretty easy to reinstall if needed. You might luck out and get rid of the battery hog.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
If your battery life is still bad, and you want to avoid doing a factory reset, you could disable or uninstall any apps you don't use regularly. Pretty easy to reinstall if needed. You might luck out and get rid of the battery hog.

Yeah, looks like I am down to that or a factory reset, neither of which I look forward to. Thanks to everyone who offered advice and help, I really appreciate it.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes sir I did. I found out the offending app was in fact Verizon's family locator. My wife apparently had it turned on for all of the kids phones and my got caught in the fray. Once I uninstalled that the issue went away.

My thanks to everyone who tried to help with this one.