Verizon Undercuts AT&T with $70 Unlimited Text and Data Plan

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I got this email a couple weeks ago and decided to call and see if I could get the plan along with my corp discount... unfortunately, they wouldn't combine the two and my corp discount actually brought my monthly cost to the same as this promotion. would've been nice if they would have let me use the corp discount on this too!

KJoFan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get the new plan and keep my employer discount. Maybe "corp" and employer discounts are not the same thing?

beto89

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
For everyone that has gotten this deal, does it extend your contract? I'm thinking about calling tomorrow since it would save me and my sister money, plus my brother wants to use our old eris. But our contracts end this coming March, and I definitely dont want to extend it now.

KJoFan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
They told me it would extend my contract by a year, but not change my upgrade dates. When I look at my account online (I haven't received a bill yet with the new plan) my contract date stayed the same.

So, while they told me it would be extended by a year, it has yet to actually show up on my account.

darkrisen

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok let me make sure I have this right. The 140 dollar a month plan covers the main phone plus 1 additional and if you want to add any more to that its 20 dollars per additional? I really want to get this as it'll help my Fiance, My Mom and her mom all out. Is there a limitation as to when this promotion ends?

beto89

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
They told me it would extend my contract by a year, but not change my upgrade dates. When I look at my account online (I haven't received a bill yet with the new plan) my contract date stayed the same.

So, while they told me it would be extended by a year, it has yet to actually show up on my account.

oh ok, yeah thats what I'm wanting to save, is the phone upgrades for next year. Guess I'll give them a call tomorrow and hope they hook me up!

KJoFan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
oh ok, yeah thats what I'm wanting to save, is the phone upgrades for next year. Guess I'll give them a call tomorrow and hope they hook me up!

Yeah, while it may or may not extend your contract by a year, it will not affect your upgrade date. So, if your upgrade date is soon, the 1 yr extension, whether applied or not, is really kind of moot as your contract date will change once you upgrade anyway. Good luck!

Reactions: beto89

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got my folks on this plan. They had three lines as well. I'd hurry and jump on this while it's available, and assuming you find the right CSR to do it for you.

beto89

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
well just got off the phone with a rep and I was able to get the new plan! And yes my phones are still eligilbe for upgrades. Not saving too much compared to my old bill, only $20 since I have 4 lines on the family plan. But now all 4 of the phones get data compared to only 2 on the old plan.

sivartk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get in on this deal, too.

They told me one thing, didn't do it, so it took a second call.

It appears on my account this way with my corporate discount (the corporate discount was applied before the change):

NATIONWIDE TALK & TEXT 450
Monthly access charge: $52.79 ( 12% off of $59.99)
Monthly allowance minutes: 450 general
Data Plan: $26.39 ( 12% off $29.99)
TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC

It only saves me $5 a month, but that is a month of service for free each year and now I have unlimited texting (250 previously). Getting approved or denied (without the official email) may have something to do with your length of service with Verizon. Mine will hit 10 years next year (started with Sprint in 1999)

What I also noticed that was strange (not complaining) is that my contract date changed from 11/09/2012 to 12/08/2011. I just signed a 2 year to get a discount on my new Incredible and now it is a year shorter. :D (Already received my rebate, too)

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

I called last friday, they said they are currently testing the plan and they can't give it to you unless you get the email. Kinda sucks, wish they'd just let you have it. You're obviously interested if you're calling about it.

The earlier representatives I encountered only knew how to say NO without looking at the big picture. The retentions departments function is to retain and the representative I talked to yesterday retained my business.

I thought I’d give it one more shot before taking a more serious look and research into Sprint. Yesterday I called retentions (loyalty) department and spoke to a very nice representative. I asked for the promotional plan and she asked if I was emailed the promotion. I DID NOT lie to her. I told her I was not emailed directly but one was forwarded from a friend. I told her I heard about this from multiple sources also. I told her my daughter’s line and my broadband line were available for upgrade now and I was just shopping because I was considering going over to Sprint. She said I DID NOT qualify for this plan but she would look at my account anyway. I told her I was thinking of getting my daughter a DroidX by Motorola. She stated that since I’ve been a long time loyal customer (Bell Atlantic Days) she would honor my request (no consultation needed with a supervisor). Being a smart Verizon Representative she started her sales pitch on the DroidX for my daughter. I rewarded her great customer service by purchasing a new DroidX and some accessories for my daughter from her. She thanked me for my business. I also told her that if it would help her “numbers” I would contact her by email when I upgrade my data card to 4g. She definitely said that would help her and she thanked me once again. She even offered to bill this purchase to my Verizon account so I could get my $100 rebate before I paid for my phone. This deal was a win for Verizon and a win for me. This Verizon Representative earned my money and my business. Now that, my friend, is great customer service.

On a side note I asked her how they determined who would get the promotional email. She stated that they were sent out to people who are out of contract or nearing the end of their contract.

Last edited:

darkrisen

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have the picture of the flyer for the 140$ plan I saw on here a few weeks back? It was a family plan with unlimited text/data and I want to say it was 1400 minutes to share.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

Does anyone have the picture of the flyer for the 140$ plan I saw on here a few weeks back? It was a family plan with unlimited text/data and I want to say it was 1400 minutes to share.

Follow the link below.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/w...T_9_9_z_UU_0Hsr_.2eHmH_wkhthEitHNFiHJILssDgLm

NewTooBB

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Got it!

I called 877-873-3278 and said I had a flyer and wanted to know about the unlimited data promo. He did not indicate that it was for a select group of people. All lines do not have to be smart phones. I have over 1 year left on all 5 lines. You don't add a year to your contract. If you have less than a year on any of your lines it gets extended to 12 months. Your upgrade date does not change and the promo is good for 2 years.

I had:
5 lines
1400 minutes
unlimited texting
2 lines with unlimited data
$210 per month

I now have
5 lines 1400 minutes
unlimited texting
5 lines with unlimited data
$200

So I am saving $10 per month and got unlimited data for 3 additional lines!

The guy I spoke to was Kevin. We were disconnected during the call and I had to call back. He answered both times and stated it's a very small department for this promotion. Keep calling back until you get Kevin!

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Go Figure..

Go Figure...Yesterday I called the Verizon Loyalty number (877-628-8922) and it was a no-go. CSR said they had no record of me being sent an email or a text msg; consequently, the plan was no longer available. Sooo, I called the number on the Promotion Flyer, 877-873-3278 and spoke with a different CSR. BINGO. Will save $10/month. Basically it will mean that I get unlimited texting, whereas before I was paying $10/month for 500 txt msgs. It's kind of screwy how they will bill it though. The price for 450 minutes per month goes up by $20 and I will receive a monthly credit of $20 for the unlimited data plan. Like I said, Go Figure! :eek: