Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 OTA soon

gathome

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
If anyone should find out how to turn off the ridiculous WiFi notification in the drop-down menu, please post! Thank you in advance!

gathome

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Could you please tell me where to find Dev. Options on the Note 4? Been looking for it for a long time! Thank you.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I just notice that the standby of the battery has improved significantly because of the update. Also the phone is not using a lot of ram this time around. I think the update helped out a lot.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Holy crap. I got this update AND a replacement Note 4 pretty much at the same time. Took a day and a half for my apps to install and even then many were crawling. Turned out that the Google PlayStore app needed to be forced stopped and the cache cleared. Things are working smoothly now.

mikeng714

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
This update has restored my faith on this phone. Now there is really no point to switch for awhile. The phone us running buttery smooth. Memory management is great, battery is long, and multitasking is doing what it should have been doing from the beginning. Awesome update. Now praying for 6.0

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This update has restored my faith on this phone. Now there is really no point to switch for awhile. The phone us running buttery smooth. Memory management is great, battery is long, and multitasking is doing what it should have been doing from the beginning. Awesome update. Now praying for 6.0

I can get behind that. I'm experiencing the same euphoric/nostalgic feelings I first felt when i got this with Kit Kat.

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I concur. This update made my phone feel brand new again. Very noticeable speed improvement all around.

Under Developer Settings, i changed the animation speeds from 1x to 0.5x and that also made my phone feel much quicker when switching through apps.

ericandjan

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
You asked that I provide an update regarding battery life now that I'm on 5.1.1, so here is my purely anecdotal response. Battery life is indeed improved on this new release; however, it is still nowhere near what it was when still on Kit Kat. I can now get through a full day on a single charge, where I could not while on 5.0.1. I'm now on my third day with 5.1.1, so I assume that the usual soak/optimizations after upgrading are done by now. I'd be willing to bet that all of the battery overheating issues on the last OS damaged this battery (I definitely experienced overheating on numerous occasions!). I may get a new battery myself soon if marshmallow isn't released before my battery's performance degrades any further as it ages...

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
You asked that I provide an update regarding battery life now that I'm on 5.1.1, so here is my purely anecdotal response. Battery life is indeed improved on this new release; however, it is still nowhere near what it was when still on Kit Kat. I can now get through a full day on a single charge, where I could not while on 5.0.1. I'm now on my third day with 5.1.1, so I assume that the usual soak/optimizations after upgrading are done by now. I'd be willing to bet that all of the battery overheating issues on the last OS damaged this battery (I definitely experienced overheating on numerous occasions!). I may get a new battery myself soon if marshmallow isn't released before my battery's performance degrades any further as it ages...

I think my phone is updating as we speak (which happened upon start-up).

I have a new battery that I can place into the phone after I factory reset. Then, I should be golden.

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
For those that have updated, is the multi second lag when switching from camera to the Gallery app gone?
I've noticed a major improvement with this. Before the update the lag was so bad that I was sometimes forced to close the camera app and open up the gallery app to see the photos. Now that lag seems to be gone (it takes about 1.5 - 2 seconds to go from camera to viewing the photos).

ETA: My photos save to my SD card, so that may have added to my issue previously.

tekmantoo

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 4 (Verizon) that has not updated yet. I keep getting "software update is temporarily unavilable. Try again later". This has been going on for four days now. It currently is not activated (just been using wifi) as I also have an Nexus 6p as my main driver but I would like to update the Note 4 to 5.1.1. Is it because it isn't active that I can't get the update?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 4 (Verizon) that has not updated yet. I keep getting "software update is temporarily unavilable. Try again later". This has been going on for four days now. It currently is not activated (just been using wifi) as I also have an Nexus 6p as my main driver but I would like to update the Note 4 to 5.1.1. Is it because it isn't active that I can't get the update?

I would think software updates would download, via wifi only, too.
If you really want to update it, why not pop your sim in and go for it. I would do it, just to solve the mystery.

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you notice a strong electric smell when you remove your spending or take off you battery cover? My battery life is only slightly better on 5.1.1. I wonder if my battery is going bad from all of the excess heat 5.0.1 produced.

adam9997

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue, apparently the phone needs to be activated because as soon I inserted an active sim card into Note 4 the update process started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seroo