Vertical App Drawer Default On One UI 7

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Nova I think it's worth it's Price
It goes beyond what the stock launcher and probably Microsoft launcher can do
Since I've used both. I can tell you It doesn't go beyond Microsoft Launcher. With Samsung adding vertical scrolling to OneUI's app drawer, it won't be better than OneUI either.

Nova doesn't really do a good job syncing across platforms. By platforms, I mean across different OS's. Microsoft Launcher has cross platform synch built in. I swipe right and I can see my calendar, OneNote & Sticky Notes (they are integrated now), and To Do list. Those are the cards I choose to display when I swipe right. If I wanted, I could add a card to access documents in OneDrive, frequently used apps, or recent activities (like websites I've recently browsed).

I can access all of that from my desktop, laptop, Tab S9, and my S24 Ultra. I essentially get the best parts of Apple goodness without being stuck in Apple's ecosystem.

I guess the biggest downside to Microsoft Launcher is that you do need a Microsoft account. You can get a free one of those too.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Since I've used both. I can tell you It doesn't go beyond Microsoft Launcher. With Samsung adding vertical scrolling to OneUI's app drawer, it won't be better than OneUI either.

Nova doesn't really do a good job syncing across platforms. By platforms, I mean across different OS's. Microsoft Launcher has cross platform synch built in. I swipe right and I can see my calendar, OneNote & Sticky Notes (they are integrated now), and To Do list. Those are the cards I choose to display when I swipe right. If I wanted, I could add a card to access documents in OneDrive, frequently used apps, or recent activities (like websites I've recently browsed).

I can access all of that from my desktop, laptop, Tab S9, and my S24 Ultra. I essentially get the best parts of Apple goodness without being stuck in Apple's ecosystem.

I guess the biggest downside to Microsoft Launcher is that you do need a Microsoft account. You can get a free one of those too.

Is it possible to use Google apps instead of Microsoft apps in Microsoft launcher? I don't use OneNote, Microsoft calendar, sticky notes, or to do list. OneDrive is the only Microsoft app I use.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Is it possible to use Google apps instead of Microsoft apps in Microsoft launcher? I don't use OneNote, Microsoft calendar, sticky notes, or to do list. OneDrive is the only Microsoft app I use.
I haven't tried. I know I can access my Gmail account via Outlook if I wanted to.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I'm not familiar with Microsoft launcher I probably tested it for half a day years ago but I doubt it has the customization as Nova , thats great you can sync everything with Microsoft but I don't use a lot of Microsoft apps only some but that's not what a good 3rd party launcher is about like Nova plus you can keep all your backup to Microsoft/Google/SD card but it won't give you like you already mentioned Microsoft experience. At the end there's something for everyone but I can't see many being disappointed with Nova except they got bought out lol

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I'm not familiar with Microsoft launcher I probably tested it for half a day years ago but I doubt it has the customization as Nova , thats great you can sync everything with Microsoft but I don't use a lot of Microsoft apps only some but that's not what a good 3rd party launcher is about like Nova plus you can keep all your backup to Microsoft/Google/SD card but it won't give you like you already mentioned Microsoft experience. At the end there's something for everyone but I can't see many being disappointed with Nova except they got bought out lol
It's come a long way since the Microsoft Arrow days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH