Voice mail translation

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Is there a voicemail app out there that will work on a Pixel that will convert an incoming voice message to text. Right now, I'm hearing impaired and currently my Verizon voice mail doesn't help me. Thanks.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there a voicemail app out there that will work on a Pixel that will convert an incoming voice message to text. Right now, I'm hearing impaired and currently my Verizon voice mail doesn't help me. Thanks.
Google voice. That's what I use it for.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't the Google Phone app do that, or does Verizon interfere with that? Open the Phone app, tap Menu>Setting>Voicemail, and make sure Visual Voicemail and Voicemail Transcription are toggled on.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Shouldn't the Google Phone app do that, or does Verizon interfere with that? Open the Phone app, tap Menu>Setting>Voicemail, and make sure Visual Voicemail and Voicemail Transcription are toggled on.

Wow. I never tried that because I always thought Verizon voice mail was not free. In trying to determine if it is free, I went to the Play Store to see if I had made a mistake. The Play Store says Verizon Visual Voicemail is not available for my Pixel. I'm afraid to follow the prompts you pointed out for fear of messing up my current message because of my hearing problem.
Does this procedure change my regular voicemail message or change the Call Screen outgoing message.
I hate being a WUS about this but I just don't want to make trouble for myself. Your past suggestions have helped me tremendously. You would think that after all these years, I would be able to handle stuff like this. I'm indebted to you.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Voicemail transcription is not available on my verizon service Pixel 5. It was there when I was on TMo with a P3XL, so I believe it's a carrier dependent function.

I've also been using Google voice for VM transcription. It's great, but setup is a little involved. Need a GV voice number then have to setup conditional call forwarding on your phone. Google search is your friend here.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have Verizon so I can't say for sure -- but from what I understand there should still be a basic free visual voicemail from Verizon (along with a paid premium version): www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-208380/ Do those steps not work?

Your link wouldn't open, but youte right, Verizon has both versions. I think your earlier post will probably work, but I will wait for a few more days for some medical news before I try it. Thanks again

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have Verizon so I can't say for sure -- but from what I understand there should still be a basic free visual voicemail from Verizon (along with a paid premium version): www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-208380/ Do those steps not work?

Yes there is visual voice mail, but it's not voice mail transcription. It's enabled from the voice dialer-settings-voice mail. All it does is list the messages by date received and caller. They are not transcribed. They have to be played back through the speaker.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes there is visual voice mail, but it's not voice mail transcription. It's enabled from the voice dialer-settings-voice mail. All it does is list the messages by date received and caller. They are not transcribed. They have to be played back through the speaker.

Hmph, well that sure seems like a misnomer to me -- "visual voicemail" that you still have to listen to.:mad:

LaxRef93

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I use YouMail. Once a call goes to voicemail, it's transcribed in the app, and then I also get an email and a text with the transcript. I know, that's overkill.. Never got around to turning some of it off lol

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I use YouMail. Once a call goes to voicemail, it's transcribed in the app, and then I also get an email and a text with the transcript. I know, that's overkill.. Never got around to turning some of it off lol

Sounds interesting. Inasmuch as I don't like changing my email client, I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I finally got around to trying to change my voicemail message through the SETTINGS /VOICEMAIL I recorded the message OK, but it wouldn't SAVE it. Remember, I can't use the voice module because of hearing problems. Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Recording your outgoing message is usually through your carrier's voicemail menu tree. Which carrier do you have?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I have Verizon but they're method requires that I follow voice prompts. My hearing problem prevents me from understanding them. That's why your suggestion was a good idea. It worked until my changes wouldn't SAVE.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again. I'm considering changing my email client from MyMail to YouMail. According to what I've read and heard, it seems to have features that I could use. I now have more poking around to do. I'll try them later .

LaxRef93

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again. I'm considering changing my email client from MyMail to YouMail. According to what I've read and heard, it seems to have features that I could use. I now have more poking around to do. I'll try them later .
YouMail is not an email client, it's a voicemail alternative.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OSCAR DE BUG