Waiting for the S24 Ultra

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using the Pixel 7 Pro and am very happy with the camera performance of it. I also use a Tab S8 so I do love Samsung products as well. They definitely take 2nd when it comes to quality hardware after apple. Google is closing in I would say but they, to me are a distant 3rd as far as hardware and build quality.

Software is usually something you can tailor to your liking. Hardware, all you can do is slap on a skin or case. iOS, you can't customize the software, despite them having the best build quality and hardware. This is where Samsung shines, almost to a fault. With so much packed into their devices, you can customize it to your heart's content. Google, you can't, although they are starting to introduce customizing your lock screen. Something that Samsung has had for a long time.

The trade in deals are pretty good right now for the S23 ultra, both from Samsung and Verizon. I owe only $200 on my Pixel because of the great trade in offered from Google when I bought it. I could pay it off and trade it in to Verizon and have essentially the same payment as I have now but I'd be locked in for 36 months. That doesn't sound appealing, especially with how often I usually trade in my phone.

If the S24 Ultra has a flat screen next year, I may be willing to pull the trigger on it. I worry about dropping my phone at a weird angle and it hitting the curved edge of the screen. Although I rarely drop my phone.

So I think I will hold off to see what the S24 Ultra looks like next year even though the trade in deals are pretty good right now for the 23. A year from now, I will owe less than $100 on this phone so maybe I will end up keeping it and just getting the 24 ultra. Although I've never been one to have more than one phone at a time because it seems excessive. But that's just for me. I know people who have both Android and iPhones. That seems like it would be confusing to go back and forth between them.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Pixel 8 should be released too, so that might be another option for you to consider.
Unless Google gives me a decent trade in for my 7 Pro. But I enjoy going back and forth from Samsung to Google. Sometimes. I'm really trying to give this phone a fair shot and to push it to see what it can do. I had the Pixel 4xl for only a few months and have always felt like I didn't give it a fair shot. But, dang Samsung makes some beautiful displays. I just wish the Ultra phone had a flat screen. My S22+ was the perfect form factor but the camera was a let down. But I did go from the S21 ultra to that phone.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Unless Google gives me a decent trade in for my 7 Pro. But I enjoy going back and forth from Samsung to Google. Sometimes. I'm really trying to give this phone a fair shot and to push it to see what it can do. I had the Pixel 4xl for only a few months and have always felt like I didn't give it a fair shot. But, dang Samsung makes some beautiful displays. I just wish the Ultra phone had a flat screen. My S22+ was the perfect form factor but the camera was a let down. But I did go from the S21 ultra to that phone.
That makes sense. You get to try the best of both world's by switching between Pixel and Samsung. I don't think I'd like the S24+ now that I got used to the S Pen, but I'll probably get the S24 Ultra, since my S22 Ultra will be two years old when the S24 Ultra is released.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Well I've got to say I'm so happy with the S23 Ultra that I'm 99% sure I will keep this for at least 2 years and not even think about the S24 series. It just ticks all my boxes right now and the only thing that would change my mind is if Samsung throw in some dodgy software to nerf it!
This phone is a beast.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I've got to say I'm so happy with the S23 Ultra that I'm 99% sure I will keep this for at least 2 years and not even think about the S24 series. It just ticks all my boxes right now and the only thing that would change my mind is if Samsung throw in some dodgy software to nerf it!
This phone is a beast.
Thanks. That's good to hear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29