watch 4 rings and displays multiple numbers

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic with Bluetooth and LTE. At the present, I have NOT activated the LTE function through Verizon but my watch does notify me when I get a call. Currently, I have an issue in that my watch will indicate (by ringing) I'm getting a call from a number that is not in my contacts. The watch will ring and display several different phone very quickly (less than a second for each number). Because the numbers disappear so quickly I cannot capture the number. Because the name of the caller is NOT displayed, most of the calls will be a spam call. A small percentage of the calls will be from valid callers that are not in my contact list.

BTW when I get one of these calls the phone does NOT ring. But if I get a call from somebody in my contact list the phone and the watch will ring and both display the name of the caller.

I suspect that the phone does not ring because the number has been blocked on the phone. How do I prevent the watch from ringing if the phone is not ringing?

JGT1942

Oct 14, 2017
Visit site
Much thanks for moving to the correct forum, I could not find the watch forum. I have navigation issues with the forums at Android central. I do have an account at AC and incorrectly assumed I was logged in. There is nothing in the header area to inform me if I'm logged in or not, or at least I don't see it if there is something there.

BTW I just started to create a test post and when I attempted to pick Watch 4 in the "Pick a Category" I could not find it. I do see that this post is now in "ForumWearable & Connected Android TechSmartwatches (Non Android Wear / Wear OS)Samsung SmartwatchesSamsung Galaxy Watch 4" but I have no idea how to find the forum if I'm creating a post for it. Possibly a dumb user error on my part but IMHO the navigation interface has missed the mark when it comes to useability.

I just went to the forum home page (I think) and searched for "Watch 4" (without the quotes) and nothing was returned. Ops, I remain totally confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201