Watch with a OnePlus

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I used to have a Gear S3 and then switched to Apple and now I am switching back to Android. In the past, I have purchased a Samsung phone but this time around, I am getting a One Plus.

By getting a non Samsung phone what am I losing besides most of the features of Samsung Pay? Does the text functionality still work the same? Am I still able to get notifications and make and receive calls on my watch?

Thanks.

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I can attest to what ur asking as I came from a s10+ and bought the OP7 Pro. I have a Galaxy Watch LTE that I got paired up to it and as of 3 days in, I haven't lost any features coming from the 10 other than Spotify app doesn't seem to be working properly on the watch, in which it was suspect on the 10 already. But Samsung Health, and all the messaging and notifications work the same. I'm still able to use the watch independently when I don't have the phone with me to make and receive calls as well.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I can attest to what ur asking as I came from a s10+ and bought the OP7 Pro. I have a Galaxy Watch LTE that I got paired up to it and as of 3 days in, I haven't lost any features coming from the 10 other than Spotify app doesn't seem to be working properly on the watch, in which it was suspect on the 10 already. But Samsung Health, and all the messaging and notifications work the same. I'm still able to use the watch independently when I don't have the phone with me to make and receive calls as well.

Thank you for the reply. What was the experience like from the S10+? The S10+ was my other choice in terms of switching from IPhone? I have the OP7 on order now so, I am waiting to receive it.

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The s10+ was a phenomenal device. However the OP7 Pro seems like it has everything that I wanted and need. 90hz will blow u away and it'll be hard to go back to anything else. But the s10 had some great qualities about it but for the price that ur getting from the OP, it's a no brainer in my book, and as I stated earlier the fact that you don't lose any functions with your Galaxy watch(es) is a bonus.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The s10+ was a phenomenal device. However the OP7 Pro seems like it has everything that I wanted and need. 90hz will blow u away and it'll be hard to go back to anything else. But the s10 had some great qualities about it but for the price that ur getting from the OP, it's a no brainer in my book, and as I stated earlier the fact that you don't lose any functions with your Galaxy watch(es) is a bonus.

Thank you. I appreciate that. My only concern is that I need 2 additional wall chargers with USB cables and according to the 1 plus website they are $50 each which means that the Sammy is only $100 more (S10+) which made me question whether the S10+ was worth the $100 more. I really dislike Bixby. I have that on my refrigerator and prefer Google over it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell