Waypoint Navigation

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So, I figured I'd try here to see if anyone has any ideas. We have a massive farm we have been working on in a downtown area. We have optimized the route and it's pretty complicated. I've been looking for a navigation solution and I haven't found anything that works yet short of buying a garmin and physically making a route via waypoint (which doesn't help the folks we want to trust with the route). Here's the criteria:

1) Needs to have the capability to take roughly 35-40 waypoints. (I tried Google's "My Maps" but each layer is limited on number of waypoints and you can only have 3 layers at once....it leaves us short)

2) Needs the ability to run in the background while the scanner is open and give verbal turn by turn since most people don't have multiple devices.

That's pretty much it. Any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried Mapquest? (I don't know how many waypoints they accept, but it's more than 3.) You can set up a route on the website, then send it to a phone using their app. (A link to the app is also on the site.)

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a whirl!

Have you tried Mapquest? (I don't know how many waypoints they accept, but it's more than 3.) You can set up a route on the website, then send it to a phone using their app. (A link to the app is also on the site.)

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Drats, it doesn't seem to work right. Sharing with a mobile device merely opens the app. Thanks for the suggestion though.