Ways to protect HTC EVO 4G life span of battery

junior2006

Banned
Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Many people just think about how to protect the HTC EVO 4G battery life of phone, today i introduce some experience to protect our phone battery, so that we can save the battery life from these ways:

1. Fully Charged

To maintenance of a lithium battery, must occasionally let one of the electrons to maintain liquidity, to ensure that at least once a month to go through a full charge (battery is charged up about 20% full).

2. Do not use non-original straight and "universal charge"

Because the third-party charger specifications and quality can not be guaranteed with the original charger, battery might be damage repair may also cause disputes.
Why rushed 100%, they still continue to charge?

Power to 100% does not mean that your battery is already full. To Charge Gauge maximization, and roughly 40 - 80 min rushed fully full of From 100%. If the battery is aging, which will require more time in waking this process.

4.Do not drain the battery.

Try not to use automatic shutdown on the line, often run out of battery power will affect the battery capacity and charge cycles.

5. Do not overcharge

Stop charging long after the battery has been fully charged phone prompts, 40 to 80 minutes.

6.No heat

Please not charge when the phone in the heat place. Because broken battery and charger will occur.
:)
Today, i just write thess ways to help you guys protect the cell phone battery, just do hope it is a help to you!

Last edited:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
And if you're battery is malfunctioning it is pretty cheap to replace it. That's a relief. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
using none oem charger isn't bad, only thing is some charger that can charge your phone faster does get hotter, and higher temp is bad for battery. the truth is, most of the methods out there to make your battery life span better are myths. most rules don't apply to newer battery. your battery has certain amount of circles to it. with most ppl changing phones within 2 years, don't really see that as a problem anymore. i doubt any of us will een notice it, by the time your battery gets bad, it's time for a new phone again. there are bigger thing i worry about w/ the phone, like when the hell is JB update coming? haha.

Reactions: a22matic and zmann

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
5. Do not overcharge
Stop charging long after the battery has been fully charged phone prompts, 40 to 80 minutes.

I do not agree with this. The phone should not allow itself to be overcharged, ever. It is not that stupid. When I get home, I plug it in and leave it plugged in all night, even though it is at full charge after only 30 min of being on the charger.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
using non oem charger isn't bad, only thing is some charger that can charge your phone faster does get hotter, and higher temp is bad for battery. the truth is, most of the methods out there to make your battery life span better are myths. most rules don't apply to newer battery. your battery has certain amount of circles to it.

Of the things he listed, about the only thing I am pretty sure is correct is not letting the battery dip to extremely low levels. That is known to be a great stress on Lithium Ion batteries. It is better to charge it up more frequently than to let it drain through its full range.

Reactions: a22matic

junior2006

Banned
Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
using none oem charger isn't bad, only thing is some charger that can charge your phone faster does get hotter, and higher temp is bad for battery. the truth is, most of the methods out there to make your battery life span better are myths. most rules don't apply to newer battery. your battery has certain amount of circles to it. with most ppl changing phones within 2 years, don't really see that as a problem anymore. i doubt any of us will een notice it, by the time your battery gets bad, it's time for a new phone again. there are bigger thing i worry about w/ the phone, like when the hell is JB update coming? haha.
we should select the right original battery and oem chager, if we use the aftermarket chager to charge the battery, i believe the phone must be bomb one day.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
we should select the right original battery and oem chager, if we use the aftermarket chager to charge the battery, i believe the phone must be bomb one day.

I thinking of the battery to be nice of install with chager to use. Not bring to chager over none kind. Which through function of chager plenty experience have normal?

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
This came up on a recent Android Central Podcast.. I believe the consensus was with Modern LION batteries, just use your phone do not worry about it.. Bottom line a battery is good for so many charge cycles. As it was stated earlier "most" of us will upgrade before our batteries will give you any real issues.

Last edited:

Keonloxe

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I only understood about 30% of what was said here. I guess the only usefull info I got was not to let it dip to extreme lows. Which is good infor because I do that probably too often. Luckily I just got a new EVO yesterday and haven't had that happen yet.

It is good to know good battery info even though we'll have a new phone by the time our batteries wear out just to maintain the great battery life we're getting with this phone.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
This came up on a recent Android Central Podcast.. I believe the consensus was with Modern LION batteries, just use your phone do not worry about it.. Bottom line a battery is good for so many charge cycles. As it was stated earlier "most" of us will upgrade before our batteries will give you any real issues.
1 hour 3 min mark:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLT0JnxYb84&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
generalcaleb