We have a Huawei Mate 9! Ask us anything!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Great, cause I had P9 previously and Android Pay wasn't supported... Till now it still isn't

Ok JUST to make sure it would work, I went through the setup. I WAS able to authorize my PFCU VISA card. Had to just through a small hoop of calling my bank, which you don't have to do with Apple Pay (or at least I don't recall doing) BUT it did work! I didn't do an actual charge, but the card is now showing under Android Pay. :)

pvtsnapper

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Why can't I sign into Chrome because it keeps telling me to add a Google Account even though I already have.I have had to download Firefox and sync my book marks on my laptop version of Chrome to Firefox than download Firefox on Android as a workaround but obviously all my passwords etc are saved in Chrome and not in Firefox

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Why can't I sign into Chrome because it keeps telling me to add a Google Account even though I already have.I have had to download Firefox and sync my book marks on my laptop version of Chrome to Firefox than download Firefox on Android as a workaround but obviously all my passwords etc are saved in Chrome and not in Firefox

Works ok for me, perhaps try a reinstall of Chrome? Also try removing and then adding back your google account. :)

How strong is the vibration on this phone?

Working good for me, it's enough to alert me when I have a call or notification. It's mostly all I use as I keep sound disabled most of the time.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Would it work with google Daydream view??

You would think, but no. :(. I'm hopeful that some update will come that might make it work but who knows. I have heard that the Mate 9 Pro supports Daydream.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
It looks to be able to work with any US carrier which is great as I am also on Sprint.
Can't wait for a US release.

Per the Network specs I am finding: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE

Mav. :cool:

The way I read the specs for CDMA it is only for China Telecom @800mhz.

Check website "willmyphonework.com"

Sorry but I think you will find that it is only for GSM carriers.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I read it will, if your carrier plan does. So if you have it now you should still be able.

(Pulled cc and got one coming Tuesday 😁)

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Will this phone do volte and wifi calling on t-mobile?

I read it will, if your carrier plan does. So if you have it now you should still be able.
(Pulled cc and got one coming Tuesday ������)

Not at this time, BUT I'm hopeful that once the phone is actually released we will get an update that brings these features. The Mate DOES have the hardware to support both features, its just a matter of T-Mobile allowing it and then Huawei releasing an update to enable. :) Maybe the same update that brings Alexa?

edfc

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Can the navigation keys be disabled (for more screen real estate)? From what I have been able to determine is that some Chinese versions have the capability (disable, swipe up to use) but not the US version just released?

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Can the navigation keys be disabled (for more screen real estate)? From what I have been able to determine is that some Chinese versions have the capability (disable, swipe up to use) but not the US version just released?

Not on the US version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confteam