Weekly Photo Contest: Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
weekly-photo-contest-wheel.jpg

Seattle Great Wheel. Taken with a Nexus 5.

Wheels, they keep us moving. Whether you're headed on a long road trip in a car, getting around town on a bike or maybe having a nice day at an amusement park in a Ferris wheel, there are more than a few wheels that we see on a daily basis. This week's photo contest is focused on the prompt "wheel," and we're wanting to see the best pictures you can take to illustrate that.

We're again picking two winners to take home prizes this week for their entries, with each winner receiving a $50 ShopAndroid gift card!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (October 7) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The Pleasure Pier in Galveston taken with my LG G2 edited with Pxlr.
umu2a7u3.jpg

Ameri-CAIN

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
The Grande Disco by Artist Arnaldo Pomodoro. The picture was taken with my Nexus 4 while walking around the city of Charlotte, NC. It was made sharper by simply adding it to Google + photos.

TheGrandeDisco.jpg

"Our life today is one of crisis...of movement...of tension. We do not know what our world will become. I try to say something about this uncertainty in my work. I try to communicate a sense of vitality and connection with the movement of life today...and to be a part of its movement.
The social challenge of art today, in my opinion, is to start a dialogue with the people.
I hope that is what happens here with the Grande Disco."

Arnaldo Pomodoro
October 2, 1974

thomas2014

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 139215

Seattle Great Wheel. Taken with a Nexus 5.

Wheels, they keep us moving. Whether you're headed on a long road trip in a car, getting around town on a bike or maybe having a nice day at an amusement park in a Ferris wheel, there are more than a few wheels that we see on a daily basis. This week's photo contest is focused on the prompt "wheel," and we're wanting to see the best pictures you can take to illustrate that.

We're again picking two winners to take home prizes this week for their entries, with each winner receiving a $50 ShopAndroid gift card!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (October 7) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

mrbanks

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Taken with LG G2 Google Camera Lens Blur oh and its a model T

Attachments

• IMG_20140927_100412.jpg
    IMG_20140927_100412.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 89

tigerpierre

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ginormous machinery wheel, located in the South End of Boston. Taken with my Samsung Galaxy S3 and filtered through Instagram.

wheel.jpg

hgd718

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
20140627_205138.jpg
Lg G2
nyc on the train the stop right before 14th st union square, the tile work in the subway is amazing the detail crazy and a perfect wheel or circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali