Weird Problems After Juice Defender - Alarms and 3g

FSchmitthammer

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had many weird issues after installing and uninstalling juice defender. The biggest problems are as follows:

1. Alarms do not sound. They never go off. They have all been deleted and re-created and they do not work.

2. 3g connectivity does not re-connect after disconnecting or after going from a wifi area to a non-wifi area. I have wifi points active and when I leave the wifi radio range the 3g never comes back on. I must restart the phone to get the data service again. It will also do this if I am drving through a bad cell area and when I get back in a good area it does not reconnect to the 3g.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I can say your not the only one to have these problems with the 3g connectivity... I've read about this before. I however don't know what the end result was in getting things back up and moving.

I guess this re enforces what has been said many times to stay away from task killers and battery apps like juice defender. They cause more trouble in the end than they are worth.

I hope you get this resolved and others can benefit from your experience.

FSchmitthammer

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I am still looking for a solution. I really just was testing the Juice Defender for a friend. I have never had an app mess up my phone this bad.

I guess if I cannot find a solution soon, I will be forced to factory restore my phone. Not something I wanted to do.

Such a disappointment....

Fred

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I find the most reliable battery saver apps are those that change CPU speed and voltage such as when the phone screen is off

Sent from my Photon

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you set each app settings? for instance if you want your alarm app to work when your screen is off you must set that in the juice defender settings. You must make sure what ever apps you need to run when screen is off are enabled to do so.

Galaxy tab 10.1

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44