Weird undocumented version of HTC 10?

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Ok, so last year I met this Russian kid at a tech camp in the US, and he showed me what initially looked like a standard-issue HTC 10. He told me it was a special version of the HTC 10 known as "Mark 2". If it matters, he also claimed that when he used the OEM Unlock option, that it offered to him to root the phone and that that was how he rooted it. I'd like to know what this weird phone is. Thanks in advance for any answers/clues as to what this phone might be.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Probably anything not AT&T or Verizon. They lock the bootloader on almost all phones. Most other carriers don't. See this page.
Well, I know that it he got it in Russia (he lives there). He did mention something regarding it being region-specific or something like that. Could it be a version designed to confirm with Russian telecommunication surveillance laws (Roskomnadzor can be pretty invasive...)?

Dec 27, 2018
Visit site
Looks like it! I looked up the front appearance and that seems to be it!

This is the phone I purchased and have been trying for days to set up! Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can find out what carrier it’s locked to and how to set it up with a carrier of choice? It was a Christmas gift and I am so frustrated and embarrassed! It was advertised as being a Straight Talk prepaid phone but neither straight talk, Verizon or sprint have nothing on this phone. Someone please help!

Thank you!
Wanda

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44