What are your current gripes with the Pixel / XL?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I remember now how to get there. You have to hold down the settings cog until it starts spinning, and then it will show up where you showed. Thanks!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The problem with the system tuner option is it puts the percentage inside of the battery icon, which is hard for me to see, I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I just wish they would do it like everyone else and place the percentage clearly, next to the battery icon.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The problem with the system tuner option is it puts the percentage inside of the battery icon, which is hard me to see, I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I just wish they would do it like everyone else and place the percentage clearly, next to the battery icon.

It is tiny.....

rbi411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I've always been agitated about these two-tone backs of phones. I think all the Pixel models would look better if they chose one color and stuck with it.

Daniel Padilla

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Went to Chat support through settings to ask about Ambient Display. Google Chat rep didn't even know anything about the Pixel. When he asked about what version of android I was running and I said Nougat 7.1, he said I was using a developer preview and that I needed to leave information through Feedback. He didn't know what the Pixel was until he looked it up. Guess Reps aren't quite ready yet.

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Went to Chat support through settings to ask about Ambient Display. Google Chat rep didn't even know anything about the Pixel. When he asked about what version of android I was running and I said Nougat 7.1, he said I was using a developer preview and that I needed to leave information through Feedback. He didn't know what the Pixel was until he looked it up. Guess Reps aren't quite ready yet.

REALLY, that is pathetic

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Stay on target

Cover me Porkins!

On a related note: I am curious about alternate methods of popping up PIN or pattern unlock.

Really wishing I could buy soon. But I really need to make sure you guys vet the phone very well as I keep phones for years...unlike most of you. ;-) Watching the "bad" and the Good thread.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Cover me Porkins!

On a related note: I am curious about alternate methods of popping up PIN or pattern unlock.

Really wishing I could buy soon. But I really need to make sure you guys vet the phone very well as I keep phones for years...unlike most of you. ;-) Watching the "bad" and the Good thread.

Alternate unlock methods are available. I use a pin as the 2nd step after the fingerprint. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm not really liking the finger scanner on the back either, but atleast it wakes and unlocks the phone when the screen is off. I would much rather have the home button like the sammy's and iPhone. The bezel is certainly big enough.

The battery percent unlock is kind of pathetic. The numbers are tiny and it seems like a really dated way of displaying the battery percent.

No way to "kill all active apps"? Seems like a feature I would use on my Note often. Now you have to kill them one by one. Apple?

The keyboard features are kind of locked down. Certain features only work with certain apps. Example: Gifs only work in the Google messenger app? Lame. Why no Hangouts support?

I like the weather widget, but let me move it or remove it if I want. Again, Apple?

I'm sure I'll find more little things I will miss about the Note :)

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you live with that iOS 10?? Read the review over on iMore about iOS 10 makes me want to cry Because I like the phone.

6s is my backup device and it's running iOS 10. I'm not having any issues and pretty well enjoy it. I cruise iMore all the time and other than a few upgrade hiccups some have it's seemingly pretty smooth. Don't see a lot of downer talk about it. Much better than the previous os and most others on those forums seem to think the same. I'm not that much of an iPhone fan, got a 6s thru a turn of events, but like it a lot :) But, not as much as my Android by a long shot!

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Month view calendar widget. Not sure why Google's first flagship phone would have less access to Google stuff. The chat assistant told me to download a third party app. I said my note7, s7e and lgg4 all had it, why doesn't Google have this on Google's own device. Honestly why would a calendar app not have it in any sense. I have the 2x3 app but not the 5x5. The chat guy said the developers are going to include that in future updates and that he was going to forward my info.

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if it's an XL thing or a Gmail App thing, but I hate, hate, hate that the LED does not activate when I get an email. If Gmail does use the LED notification and I might just have it set up wrong, I'm begging someone to set me in the right direction.