What are your favorite cases for the LG G4?

jomass

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes Caseology are very slippery. I bought the 2 below ans returned them both. Love the styling but slippery, slippery.

LG G4 Case, Caseology® [Envoy Series] [Copper Gold] Premium Leather Bumper Cover [Leather Textured] LG G4 Case (2015)
LG G4 case, Caseology® [Wavelength Series] [Navy Blue] Textured Pattern Grip Cover [Shock Proof] LG G4 case

jomass

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I think you'll find their leather to be very slippery, as you can see from the sheen in the photo. I bought one and had to return it; was like trying to hold onto a wet fish! :'(

James Johnson24

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
My Leather rear cover came in today and I can see why people are saying the material is a bit on the slippery side. I am hoping the finish rubs off a bit over time. I think the blue door looks pretty good with the VOIA Air Shield Bumper Case dark slate blue color!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 4166.jpg
    4166.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 4164.jpg
    4164.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 4168.jpg
    4168.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 4167.jpg
    4167.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 4165.jpg
    4165.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 72

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Here are a couple pics of my Urban Armor Gear "Ash" Case. 2 words...LOVE IT!

It has good front protection, nice corner bumpers, fits in the pocket nicely and feels excellent in the hand! I can't wait to see what it looks like with a different color leather back...I have black leather now.

Attachments

• DSCN6040.JPG
    DSCN6040.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN6042.JPG
    DSCN6042.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 83

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes Caseology are very slippery. I bought the 2 below ans returned them both. Love the styling but slippery, slippery.

LG G4 Case, Caseology® [Envoy Series] [Copper Gold] Premium Leather Bumper Cover [Leather Textured] LG G4 Case (2015)
LG G4 case, Caseology® [Wavelength Series] [Navy Blue] Textured Pattern Grip Cover [Shock Proof] LG G4 case

Wow, really? It doesn't look like the Wavelength case would be that slippery at all. I was thinking about getting one, but damn... not now.

I guess I'll stick with my Otterbox Commuter. It's nice, but bulky. And it's a tight fit, so taking it off/on for battery swap outs is kind of a pain.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow, really? It doesn't look like the Wavelength case would be that slippery at all. I was thinking about getting one, but damn... not now.

I guess I'll stick with my Otterbox Commuter. It's nice, but bulky. And it's a tight fit, so taking it off/on for battery swap outs is kind of a pain.

I can't stand holding a brick in my pocket. This is why I don't get otterbox cases. To bulky in my opinion. And I have heard people say that the case doesn't help that much when the phone drops and the screen cracks. What's the point if it doesn't help the screen out. I know most cases don't help the screen a lot, but they also aren't as bulky.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I can't stand holding a brick in my pocket. This is why I don't get otterbox cases. To bulky in my opinion. And I have heard people say that the case doesn't help that much when the phone drops and the screen cracks. What's the point if it doesn't help the screen out. I know most cases don't help the screen a lot, but they also aren't as bulky.

Yeah, I was too impatient to get a case for the phone and had no way to test it out. I wasn't aware how bulky it was going to be. I tend to only put it on when I'm going to be doing outdoorsy stuff.

Otherwise I rock it naked (not using a screen protector either) with the red leather back that I got.

Though, I wouldn't mind getting a nice looking case that kept the thin stature of the phone while still protecting the screen, but everyone has said those cases are too slippy. Speck doesn't make anything that looks good for the G4 and I like the Spigen, I may end up going with that in the near future.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I went with this one. It's not slippery and its doesn't add to much bulky. I have a few cases and this one is by far my favorite.

Attachments

• 1440342423099.jpg
    1440342423099.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 77

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm all about my UAG case. A little pricey ($30-35) but way better than the Tech 21 one I bought from T-Mobile initially that was even more expensive.

The UAG has really nice grippy sides and makes the phone much more comfortable to use and easier to avoid drops.

MichaelRS

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if they make it or they are distributor, but I like HHI "dual armor" hybrid composite case as offered thru Amazon. Its the one with the "grenade" pattern.
What I really like about it is that the rim around the kickstand allows me to curl my fingers in, in amore relaxed grip, and balance the phone that way.

AndrewMelder

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't sure about ditching the leather back for the gold plastic back + UAG case, but the combo is actually nice.

Attachments

• 1441009819382.jpg
    1441009819382.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 71

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't sure about ditching the leather back for the gold plastic back + UAG case, but the combo is actually nice.
It's a killer case. Light, heavy duty, and simple to put on/remove. Def worth the premium price IMO. Plus it works fine with leather back. Was a little tight on the leather initially but one or the other seemed to stretch/shrink or something as after a couple uses the case comes off and on very easily.

gemgarden

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I tried a bumper case bought off ebay for a few days. It definitely affects the reception or at least thevolume on the receiving end. Back to my niilkin case!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell