What chargers are compatible with the DROID TURBO 2?

Kkonschak

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Picked up the Droid Turbo 2 last week and I have to say, I miss A LOT of things about my GS5. Working through the setting changes to improve batter life, but my question is, what chargers will be compatible with this new phone. I have my turbo charger at home, but what about regular micro USB wall chargers or even plugging it into the USB port on my computer in worst-case scenarios?

<mod edit, split questions into two threads>

Last edited by a moderator:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Picked up the Droid Turbo 2 last week and I have to say, I miss A LOT of things about my GS5. Working through the setting changes to improve batter life, but my question is, what chargers will be compatible with this new phone. I have my turbo charger at home, but what about regular micro USB wall chargers or even plugging it into the USB port on my computer in worst-case scenarios?

<mod edit, split questions into two threads>

Like they said, any USB to microUSB charger should work. I will point out though, since you mentioned it, that plugging into a computer's USB port isn't generally an effective way to charge a phone. USB2 only puts out a half amp, and USB3 puts out .9 amps. Most modern smartphones stock chargers are more like 1.2-1.5 amp, or higher. It'll charge, but at the slower rate, which may not even keep up with usage if the device is turned on and active at all. There are exceptions, like laptops or USB hubs that have a port that's made to put out higher amperage for device charging.

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Charge rates for:
Regular USB to PC cable: 500mA
15W (9V, 1.6A input) Droid Turbo charger: 2.6A to battery
25W (9V, 2.6A input) Droid Turbo 2 charger: 4A to battery

Note that these charger rates are not for the entire charging time. There are 6W (5V, 1.2A) and 8W (5V, 1.6A) chargers as well. All microUSB cables will work with the Droid Turbo 2. Just a matter of how fast your want it to charge.

500mA seems like an eternity now, doesn't it? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777