What Ethernet Adapter do I use to connect my Lenovo Tab2 to the Ethernet with WiFi off?

Jack936

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I have a Lenovo Tab2 A10-70F tablet updated to 6.0

When I go to settings and select the USB Ethernet Adapter option I get the following directions: "Please insert USB Ethernet Adapter"

I connected my router to the Tab2 using my charging cable and a combination Ethernet to USB2 adapter, but could not get on the internet

Can someone suggest what Ethernet Adapter I should use for a Tab2 internet connection with Wi-Fi off
Jack936

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to connect to the router with a web browser? If so, check in the router for the reason.

If not, check that the adapter you're using needs only the data lines. If not, you'll have to get rid of the cable, and plug the adapter directly into the tablet. (If the adapter is using the phone as a USB host, it needs at least one more pin - to switch the tablet from USB consumer to USB provider - which is called OTG. [If any data about the adapter mentions OTG, that would be the problem - you can't do OTG on a 4-wire USB cable, and there are no 5-wire USB cables.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chariesdevil