What have you found in froyo?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is new but I never noticed it before.

Multi-touch scrolling.

On screens that have a long list of items with a scroll bar, such as the people list or in the music player, I can use two fingers on the screen to scroll it faster. It shows the letter at the top like you get when you scroll with the scroll bar. This is handy for my since the case I have makes it hard to move the scroll bar in these instances.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Same size as the wifi etc widgets but has the sync symbol on it.

Also looks like there are a few extra ones under more from HTC at the top:
coin flip (with android coin), DICE, notes, profile (new and installed), ringtone (new and installed) tip calculator and today in history. I know soem were in thre already, can anyone confirm which ones are new?

Those were all already there. Just had to hit "more HTC widgets". I haven't upgraded yet and I have all of the above.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
"Navigator" has been changed to "Car Panel". The app will not let you exit with the normal Home or Back buttons; you need to select Menu and Exit, probably so you don't accidentally quit.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is new but I never noticed it before.

Multi-touch scrolling.

On screens that have a long list of items with a scroll bar, such as the people list or in the music player, I can use two fingers on the screen to scroll it faster. It shows the letter at the top like you get when you scroll with the scroll bar. This is handy for my since the case I have makes it hard to move the scroll bar in these instances.

Woah good find. I'm not sure if it's new either though.

The multi-touch seems to be relative to the screen position. When in the People app you tap two fingers towards the top of the screen it takes you to the beginning of the alphabet. If you tap towards the bottom, towards the end of the alphabet. ...and anywhere in between. :)

harrypt

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Woah good find. I'm not sure if it's new either though.

The multi-touch seems to be relative to the screen position. When in the People app you tap two fingers towards the top of the screen it takes you to the beginning of the alphabet. If you tap towards the bottom, towards the end of the alphabet. ...and anywhere in between. :)

Not new, I haven't nabbed 2.2 yet, just reading through to see the new features. My 2.1 does this, but I never knew about it. I have a long contact list so this is a GREAT trick! Thanks.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Not new, I haven't nabbed 2.2 yet, just reading through to see the new features. My 2.1 does this, but I never knew about it. I have a long contact list so this is a GREAT trick! Thanks.

Thanks for checking it out in 2.1. Just goes to show how much there is to discover about Android. And the extra tip about starting at the top or the bottom is cool too.

I do have something new to add to the list though. Animated Gifs work in the browser now.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My gmail seems to be working fine.maybe check the sync settings.
Also weird thing j found...... no more *#*#4636#*#* anymore. I had to do spare parts to see this info again.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have found that my gmail is no longer pushing the email...anyone else find this?...official froyo, not rooted

I have email issues too, I went into sync settings and clicked sync all and it seems to have fixed it. I haven't checked it with the mail on the web to see if it's actually pushing, but mail started showing up again.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.